Chapter 16

As I threw my bag on the couch and hurried to start undressing so I could go sleep in my bed, I noticed that Leon was still in the entrance.

I quickly stood in front of him, seeking his gaze as he returned it, a hint of anger slightly perceptible as I bit my lip.

"L-Leon?" I began to murmur, slightly fearing his coldness as he simply stood next to the entrance door, crossing his arms as he lowered his head.

I pouted.

"D-do you at least want a glass of water?" I asked him as he raised his head towards me, his eyebrows furrowed.

As I only had my shirt and underwear left on, I felt slightly uneasy under the weight of his gaze.

I approached him, trying to touch his cheek as he backed away even more.

He's not really going to...?

"Before I say yes, can I at least know what you were thinking?" he finally asked, in an almost icy tone as my smile quickly faded to make way for guilt.

I looked at my feet, not knowing what to say.

"I just wanted to drink... I needed to have fun, for once..." I finally explained to him as he let out a frustrated laugh, rolling his eyes for a moment as he finally removed his jacket and threw it on the couch.

But...?

He ended up rolling up the sleeves of his shirt, which made me gulp at the sight of his arms.

Shit, my theory was right, his arms are more muscular!!

As I timidly raised my gaze towards him, I bit my lip when I saw the shadow of a smile on his lips.

"When are you going to start thinking about the consequences of your actions?" he finally complained, his voice slightly tinged with frustration as I looked at my feet again, ashamed.

As we were so close, I wanted to kiss him but held back out of conviction as I knew at that moment that I shouldn't.

Resist, Lucia, and be smart, you first need to make up with Leon who is very angry at you.

"I'm sorry... It's true that I may have gotten a LITTLE carried away." I finally murmured in a shameful, almost inaudible voice as I heard him laugh slightly as if relieved, approaching me. 

His fingers started to slowly slide along my collarbone.

He looked at me for a moment straight in the eyes, then stopped his gesture, seeming to think about something else as he grabbed a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water.

I watched him as he drank it in one go and lay down on my couch, under my perplexed gaze.

At that moment, a billion ideas crossed my mind: was he angry that I went drinking with Will? Or... was he jealous?

And most importantly, was he going to stay the night on my couch?

As I approached him on tiptoe to not make a noise, I grabbed one of the blankets that was sitting in the basket in my living room and threw it over him, crossing my arms as he let out an exasperated sigh.

I took the opportunity to slide next to him, and as I approached my hand to bother him, he grabbed it right away.

"Don't even think about it. You're still drunk." he remarked as I quickly backed away, sighing as well.

"Leon, we've already slept in the same bed, so why- " I began as he sighed again.

"Lucia, stop for two seconds and go to sleep. You know very well what's going to happen if we sleep in the same bed." He replied as I felt the redness slightly rise to my cheeks.