Chapter 5

As the landscape passed before my eyes, I felt soothed as I was beside Leon.

He drove calmly, his left arm on the steering wheel, he let his right arm next to the gear lever while I decided to research how to turn on the radio.

"Leon, how does this thing work?" I asked as he turned it on instantly by pressing the button, leaving me speechless as he let out a faint smile.

"Pffft. I still can't adapt to technology." I sulked as he wrapped my hand in his, which was warm.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

I sighed, as I looked at him vaguely.

Sometimes I wonder if the questions I have about him are normal or not.

I don't know much about him, but I never know where to start...

I winced slightly.

The only thing I know is that he was in Raccoon City...

Maybe I should try to get him to talk with me?

"Everything okay?" Leon asked as I jumped in surprise, noticing he was slightly paying attention to me.

I bit my lip.

"When do you go back to work?" I asked him, in a hesitant tone.

He narrowed his eyes for a slight moment. 

"Monday, if I don't get called before." He replied as I looked at the calendar on my phone.

But... It's Thursday!!

I took my head in my hands for a moment, trying to think of an alternative.

I already know he's just going to drop me off at home and come back after, but...

Since we've been dating, all we've done is eat out and go for coffee, but never more...

I can even count on the fingers of my hand the number of times we kissed...!

"Leon, say..." I began to mumble as he seemed not to hear me.

I pouted.

"Leon...?" I began to repeat, a bit annoyed by his non-response. 

"Yes?" He asked as he sighed.

I looked at him strangely. 

"Sorry..." I ended up apologizing.

He calmly let go of my hand.

I looked away, deciding to pay attention to the road instead of him.

"Sorry, I'm just-"

My phone rang, cutting Leon right in the middle of his sentence.

I gave him a look, slightly embarrassed as I picked up. 

It was Will.

"Hi Lucy, I just got out of the exam. Are you okay?" I could hear Will ask as I looked away from Leon, wanting to hide the awkwardness from him as I remembered. 

The fact that this... guy grabbed me by the wrist...!

"I'm okay. I think I'm just a little tired..."

I heard him sigh on the other end of the line.

"Yes, but still. Why didn't you tell me? That they were harassing you, I mean?" He asked as I quickly covered my eyes, feeling them burn a bit. 

I let out a silent, but crying whisper. 

"Will, I can't talk about it right now..."

I heard him sigh once again.