Chapter 9

Hm... the sun's hitting my face...

I quickly realized it was impossible to have the "sun" in my usual room.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I immediately recognized Leon's bedroom just by the color of his sheets.

I then realized that I was in his bed.

Overwhelmed by a slight panic, I noticed that I was still dressed and quickly lifted the blanket, having a moment of doubt as I saw that I was wearing a T-shirt that wasn't mine.

Isn't this Leon's?

My clothes from the night before were scattered on the floor next to the bed.

When I looked to my right, I saw Leon, shirtless, sleeping peacefully with ruffled hair, which made me smile for a second, then grimace.

As I tried to remember the events of last night, I scanned the room for clues.

We kissed, but what exactly happened afterward?

I fell back onto the bed, filled with panic and euphoria at the same time.

Was it possible that we had done it? If so, then why did I only remember it vaguely? 

Had I been drinking?

My stomach growled loudly, drawing my attention to the breakfast I would have liked to have if Leon were awake.

I sighed, turning towards him silently hoping that my smoldering gaze would wake him up.

"Go back to sleep, Lucia, it's too early..." Grumbled Leon as I warmly smiled at his remark, somehow happy to be the only one to enjoy this beautiful yet chaotic sight.

His tangled blonde hair glistened at the slightest ray of light, his broad and rough back covered in scars, and his unusual sleeping position with his hand positioned under his pillow.

I approached him discreetly, my lips barely touching his ear.

"You're going to cut off your circulation if you sleep like that," I whispered as he calmly removed his hand, letting out a sigh shortly after.

Maybe I should let him sleep, he seems to need it more than me.

"You're never going to leave me alone, are you?" he finally grumbled as he turned over, enveloping me in his arms as he rested his head above mine, sighing with satisfaction shortly after.

I pouted in response, then simply snuggled against his chest, enjoying his warmth and contact.

I eventually let go, lulled by the soothing warmth of his arms and his breath against my skin.

This physical closeness made me happy, even though a small voice told me it shouldn't be the case, as we both had other priorities for the day.

I'll leave him alone, he should rest...

I gently freed myself from his arms and got up, silencing this thought as I resigned myself to go in search of food.

"I'm going to have breakfast..." I announced softly, as I heard him sigh again.

Leon sat up and watched me for a moment, rubbing his eyes as he yawned repeatedly.

"Do you want me to make you something?" he asked patiently as I calmly shook my head in refusal.

"No, don't worry about me..." I replied as I heard him fall back onto the bed.

I quietly left Leon's room and headed to the kitchen, torturing my mind on the way. Last night had been both wonderful and complicated, and I didn't know how to handle this avalanche of feelings as we had both crossed a point of no return.