Chapter 7

Lucia's POV

"Hunnigan called me when you were with the doctors. I have to leave tomorrow." Leon ended up saying.

"What?" I quickly asked back as I stared at him from head to toe, almost daring him to repeat what he just said as my eyes were wide open.

Does that mean he'll disappear again for four months?

I bit my lip, feeling intensively frustrated as he gave me this heartbreaking smile of his.

Every time I feel like I can finally spend time with him I get screwed up!

I slowly shook my head, pensively watching the ground as I thought about a thousand ways to get him to spend more time with me before he'd go away.

As we both got into the car, I quickly found the solution I was looking for as he was searching for some nearby restaurants on his phone.

"H-how about we get dinner at my place instead? It'll avoid having to pay the restaurant bill, and... " I quickly asked as I watched him freeze for an instant.

"Sure about this?" He asked back as I got a sudden throwback of why he'd be asking that.

I haven't been there for seven months, so I can't even imagine the piles of dust that have accumulated there...

He grinned as I let myself fall against the car seat.

I should just go home, start cleaning, and also start to study to get my driver's license...

"If I get home right now, I'll have to spend the rest of the day cleaning... And I don't really want to do that." I sighed as Leon slid his right hand behind his head, seeming to think for a moment about what I had just said.

"You won't probably like the sound of it, but..." He began as he turned his head slightly towards me, withdrawing his hand from behind his head to put it on his knee, patting it lightly while the corners of his mouth slowly rose.

I watched him, feeling my whole body temperature starting to warm up as his eyes began locking on mine.

Wait, what??

H-his place??

He wasn't wrong after all, I already had gone to his place several times, usually to give back things I borrowed from him or even trade DVDs or books, but now ...

His place? In this context?

This quickly gave rise to a relatively embarrassing idea in my mind, which shook me like a tornado.

In the United States... They can do this before marriage, right...?

I wanted to ask Leon about it but felt like it would make the situation look even worse, remembering the adventures of my former colleague from that hotel in New York, Rachel.

"One-night stands," she said she did...?

I sighed as I looked thoughtfully at Leon, trying to weigh the pros and cons, as he sighed.

Could he be this k-kind of... human?

"Okay, I'm taking you home." He began to say as I let out one of the loudest "No!!" I've never screamed, under his almost astonished look.

I let my gaze fall, a little ashamed.

No, I'm not letting that opportunity get away like this!!

"Sorry!! It's just that I don't want to disturb you, so..." I began to explain as he calmly put his hand on mine, his gaze seeming to probe mine.

"You won't disturb me, so just tell me what you want."