Chapter 10

"Don't move, I'm going to clean the wound." Leon announced as I pouted, slightly upset that he didn't let me take care of my arm alone.

Do I seriously look like a six-year-old?

As I tensed slightly at the touch of the product, he calmly brought his head close to my arm, examining it as thoroughly as a jeweler in the middle of crafting.

Now that I was thinking about it, I felt a little silly for panicking a few moments earlier, as he just probably tried to help me.

I'm such a pain in the...

"I'm sorry for earlier..." I softly told as his eyes widened, his eyebrows furrowing soon after.

"No, it's my bad. We should have talked it out as soon as we could. »

I felt even dumber as my theory confirmed itself.

"If only I behaved like an adult sometimes, everything would be easier." I sighed as the corners of his mouth slightly rose. 

"Don't worry, I quickly got used to it. On the other hand... avoid running around with an arm dripping with blood, it's less common than it seems." He joked as he laid down the cotton wool soaked in disinfectant he held to pull out a sterile compress that he afterward placed on my arm.

I bit my lip, cursing myself for, at that very moment, only caring about the drawing material I had misplaced that night.

Maybe I should just tell him what I think instead of torturing myself with so many questions.

"You're leaving this afternoon, right...?" I finally asked him as he nodded.

"Yeah. Sorry, I know you wanted to see me this weekend. "

I gloomily smiled, avoiding adding the fact that at the time, I was already expecting this answer.

"It doesn't matter... Next time! Maybe I will even have had my first mission by then." I tried to cheerfully respond as he let out a slight laugh, his right hand busied as he was wrapping a bandage around my arm.

"I don't wanna kill the mood but the way it looks, you'll have to sit next to a desk for a few months." He joked as I pouted, watching him attentively as I noticed my bandage was strangely well made.

Even I, who got used to injuries and stuff, never did this good.

"Leon, do you often get hurt on missions?" I ended up asking him as he frowned, his eyes seeming to have lost their spark for a second. 

"Not really. But I try to remember each wound I get."

This remark made me sink back into my thoughts.

It's true that he doesn't have that many scars...

I grinned slightly as he put away the first aid kit.

"Come on, ask your question." He remarked as my face twisted with a smile, betraying my slight but keen curiosity.

"Well... Last night I noticed you had a scar on your shoulder, and I thought that, maybe, you could tell me about it...?" I began to ask as his eyes widened for two seconds, his gaze darkening even more as he ran his hand through his hair.

I quickly placed my hand on his arm as he plunged his gaze into mine for a brief moment as I watched him stand up and sigh. 

"Leon?" I calmly asked as he seemed to be away.  

Is he okay?

"Sorry. I'll tell you next time. »

I raised my head, my face slightly sulky as I tried to look for his eyes.

It must be important to him...

"It's okay!" I tried to cheer up the mood as I watched him sigh.

"We'll have the real conversation later."

My eyes widened. 

"By real conversation, what do you mean?" I asked him as he nodded in refusal, a slight smile on the corner of his lips as he patted me on the shoulder.

I froze as I stood in the middle of the living room, my arms outstretched like an idiot as I watched him leave.

Huh?

Did he just ignore me?

"Leon...?" I asked again as I could hear no sound from his side, except the one of a cup being filled. 

B-but...?

As I saw him come out of the kitchen with a coffee and sit on the sofa almost nonchalantly, I had meanwhile decided to start gathering my things, his silence having provoked a weird motive that pushed me to redirect my attention towards something else. 

Sometimes I just don't get it...

As I finished opening my suitcase, I tranquilly grabbed my belongings that were in the bathroom and put them inside.

"Already planning to leave?" He asked as I watched him put his cup on the coffee table, almost biting my tongue.

I pouted, not really knowing what to reply to him.

"Well, yes, I have to go home after... " I answered, a bit confused. 

He turned back to me, his brows furrowed as he stared at me from head to toe.

"Don't you wanna take a break, even for a sec?"

While I cursed the whole situation I was in, which was a mixture of both sweet and bitter feelings, I continued to sulk.

"Yes of course, but I have to tidy up a little... " I replied as I closed my suitcase, standing up afterward.

At the time I was unable to say if I was sad or happy about this situation which seemed a little out of time, as I felt I could smile as much as I could cry.

What the hell... haha...

In any case, that was what I thought at the time, and as the corners of his lips rose slightly, I quickly chose my side.

As the heat rose slightly to my cheeks, I nervously crossed my hands, letting out an almost contrite sigh as I felt like arguing with him would be useless.

"You need a ride?" He asked as I nodded in refusal, dropping beside him on the couch as I grabbed his left arm to put it on my shoulder, to act as if nothing happened.

He quickly pulled me towards him, which made me sigh once more as I ended up laying on the couch, my head resting on his lap.

I felt my heart beat slightly faster as I felt his hand on my cheek, caressing it lightly.

"You good?" He asked as I gave him a look that meant to be frustrated but ended up being a panicked one as my mind had already been invaded with a billion thoughts.

"I-I'm just tired..." I replied as I could hear him chuckle afterward.