07. Mismurderstab

⎯⎯

⎯⎯

" Wake up, ladybug. It's time for dinner.", Jay spoke softly as he delicately caressed Ae-Cha's cheek, who was sleeping on the bed for the last three hours.

"Mmm... hm..", She stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up.

"Wake up, baby bread otherwise you wouldn't be able to sleep at night and then, you won't let me sleep.", Jay spoke as he brushed back her bangs, which were falling over her eyelids.

Ae-Cha sleepily opened her eyes as she lazily sat up and rubbed her eyes with her fists, trying to clear her vision.

"Dada....", It was the first word that came out of her mouth after her brain started functioning.

"Yes, baby. I am here.... My baby must be hungry, right? Let's eat then.", Jay spoke, softly patting her head before standing up.

He extended his arms towards her but frowned when Ae-Cha didn't come to him.

"Dada.... You eat baby?", Ae-Cha asked him with tears accumulating in her eyes on remembering the earlier incident. An unknown fear gripped her tiny heart as she felt scared.... She was afraid of her dada.

Jay frowned as he sat near her and pulled her in a hug.

"No... Baby... Why would I eat my own baby? Who told you that?", He asked as his hand made its way to the back of her head. He softly caressed it as he felt her heart racing against his chest.

"Dada... Me wanna ask you something....", Ae-Cha said as she pulled away and sat in front of his giant figure. At the end of the day, he was the only one with whom she could share her problems. She had no option but to tell him what was bothering her.

She held his hand with her tiny one as she placed Jay's palm on the palm of her other hand.

"Dada promise...dada won't lie.", She spoke, asking him to promise her.

Jay frowned at her words, not understanding what was up with her. Nevertheless, he nodded his head, wanting to know what she wanted to ask him as he spoke,

"Promise.", Jay assured her.

"Dada... Me is a human?", She asked him, wanting to hear it from him.

"Yes, baby. You are a human.", Jay spoke softly as he cupped her small cheek with his free hand.

"....and...."