37. Blood Roots

Warning : Grammatically harmful and boring chapter ahead

Warning : Grammatically harmful and boring chapter ahead. Read at your own risk.

⎯⎯

13 months later

"Mom, this sandwich is so tasty. ", Ae-Cha exclaimed, munching the sandwich with relish.

"Yes, mom! I love it.", Beomgyu, too, exclaimed before grinning at Ae-Cha, who grinned back.

"Aww... Thank You, babies.", Ayeong spoke, flashing them a sweet smile.

"Well, she if my wife. Of course, she is talented. It's obvious that her sandwiches are the best", Jungkook spoke before he leaned forward and placed a peck on her lips and stared at her like a whipped man. Well, he was whipped for her.

Ayeong blushed as she looked away, trying to hide her red cheeks. However, they both snapped their heads towards Ae-Cha and Beomgyu, who let out a loud,
"Ewwww", in unison when their dad kissed their mom on her lips.

"Ew, dad."

"Stay away from our mom, you ugly cicada."

Jungkook stared at them with an offended gaze, feeling extremely affronted by their remarks.

"Hey! What's up with you guys? Why are you like this?"

Ae-Cha and Beomgyu shared eye contact before fixing their gaze on Jungkook again and raised their eyebrows, not getting his words.

"I mean why are you always treasuring your mom so much? Am I not important to you guys-"

"No.", Ae-Cha and Beomgyu bluntly cut him off in unison before giggling naughtily.

Ayeong laughed as she shook her head but Jungkook was extremely hurt by their words. He stared at them in disbelief before standing up from his chair.

"Okay then. Live with her. I am leaving. Bye."

Ae-Cha and Beomgyu's eyes widened on hearing his words. They both snapped their heads towards each other before diverting their gazes towards him. Getting up, they raced towards him.

Ae-Cha stopped him as she wrapped her arms around his torso and hugged him from the side as Beomgyu did the same on the other side.

"We were just kidding, dad."

"Yes, dad. We love you very much. You are very important. We can't live without you."

They both spoke, staring at him with with adorable puppy eyes, which were too cute to resist. Jungkook resisted the urge to smile but failed in doing so as he instantly broke in a cute smile, before pulling of them towards him.

Hugging then tightly, he spoke, " Same here. I, too, can't live without you. My babies."

He sweetly pecked the crown of their heads before pulling away from them.