13. Vampire Couple

Warning: Implicit sexual reference

⎯⎯

Ae-Cha sighed, walking through the hallway, thinking about Jay. He must have been a bit mad after hearing her words but she couldn't help it. She couldn't stand and listen to others trash-talking about her father, could she?

However, she was snapped out of her thoughts by an arm wrapping around her shoulder, along with a merry voice chirping,

"Finally found my ugly bunny!"

Ae-Cha sighed, knowing very well who it was.

"I am not in the mood, Beomgyu.", She looked at him with a blank face.

"Hey... What happened? Why is my siso sad?", Beomgyu said, noticing her not-so-happy expressions.

"You already know it.", Ae-Cha sighed softly.

"So... You had a minor argument with Jay uncle again? He told you not to get into fights and you argued back, right?", Beomgyu asked, while staring at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, bro.", She sighed, placing her head on his shoulder, while walking towards their classroom.

"But, Ae-Cha. Jay uncle is right. Why do you always get into fights? You see, I am also a vampire and I, too, have to face such criticism but I fight back, not violently but verbally. I am a good vampire so I wouldn't harm anyone. I know it. I don't have to prove it to everyone. The same goes to your dad. He doesn't have to prove anything. You shouldn't go around breaking anyone's neck if they say something about uncle.", Beomgyu spoke, trying his best to explain.

"Boemgyu... It's not like that.... See, the thing is that you are the kind of boy who will fight back and shut everyone's mouth if they dare to say something and even if you don't, then you don't give a s*** about what others think but dad... He gets hurt pretty easily but never fights back. He doesn't show it but I know that if someone tells him that he is a killer and monster because he is a vampire then he gets hurt. His heart breaks and I can't see him like that.", Ae-Cha answered, letting her best friend know what was bothering her.

"See, uncle is a grown up man. He is way mature than you. He knows how to handle any situation. He is not a baby as you think he is. Instead, he is your father Ae-Cha. If he doesn't fight back then it doesn't mean he can't. It's his nature that he tries to stay away from violence. Trust me, he is not a vampire for nothing. He can take a stand for himself when it is necessary. Usually, it's not that important to fight back so, he doesn't. To be honest, he is really one of the wisest and humblest vampires out there because he is really putting some efforts to blend in with the humans. He is very mature and strong, both physically and mentally", Beomgyu assured with a smile.

"You know what? ..... You are right. I think I should listen to dad and stop getting into unnecessary fights.", Ae-Cha smiled, understanding his words. Well, it is indeed true that friends are the ones who we listen to the most. They can deviate us from our track as well as being us back on it.