09. Proof

⎯⎯

⎯⎯

At the mall

"Baby, which one will look good on dada, white one or the black one?", Jay questioned Ae-Cha as he pointed his tattoed fingers towards two shirts hanging from their respective hangers along with other shirts in the row.

He diverted his gaze towards Ae-Cha, whose arms were wrapped around his neck while his one arm supported her body.

Ae-Cha carefully examined the two shirts before her face changed into such expressions that showed that she had come to a conclusion.

"Dada... No matter black or white shirt.... Dada look jellyfish. So, buy any.", Ae-Cha answered with a shrug, making the man sigh in defeat. Another insult from his own daughter. How he wished that he wouldn't have let her roam around Yoongi.

"At least don't insult me in the mall...", He almost pleaded with her while taking the white shirt and making his way towards the billing counter.

He placed the shirt on it while talking to Ae-Cha, failing to notice the lady's gaze on them.

"Uh.. sir, are you a vampire or a human? We need that for the record.", The lady spoke, as she diverted her gaze from them to the computer.

"Ah, yeah. I am a vampire.", Jay answered shifting his focus to the lady.

"And ... May I know if this girl is a human or a vampire?", She asked him with somewhat suspicious eyes.

"Why do you want to know her species? ", Jay asked while raising an eyebrow. If he was buying the shirt then only his species was required. Ae-Cha had nothing to do with the records.

"Uh...Sir, just for-", The lady started but got cut off by Ae-Cha.

"Me is a human.", Ae-Cha chimed merrily.

But what Ae-Cha didn't notice was Jay's gaze, or to be precise, glare on her when she answered the lady.

"Ae-Cha, what did I say about revealing your species to strangers?", He asked her in a strict tone. He was right. She shouldn't reveal her species to strangers because it can be dangerous.

Ae-Cha stopped smiling when she noticed his glare as she hung her head low whilst a pout formed on her lips.

However, what they failed to notice was the lady's eyes widening when Ae-Cha revealed her species. Fear gripped her heart that maybe this vampire had kidnapped this human child. The way he scolded her for revealing her species confirmed her doubts.