Ch 6

"Taran what's going on?" An older man asked as he was headed towards the two teenagers.

"I am so sorry, sir. I was only passing through." Rosemary quickly had said, hoping that Taran wouldn't get into trouble.

"Oh! No worries, my dear. I meant for the pig to be covered in dirt and mud."

"Rosemary, this is Dallben. Dallben, this is Rosemary." Taran quickly introduced them, slightly hoping to change the topic. The older man looked quite surprised after hearing the girl's name.

"Rosemary you say? Daughter of Rumpelstiltskin, the Dark one?" He asked. Rose felt alarmed that someone else knew about her existence. The only ones who knew of her, were his enemies. Now she feared that this old man was another one of them.

"How do you know-"

"How do I know your name? For one to know the Dark One, you must learn its history."

"But-"

"Do not fear, child. I will not harm you. Perhaps this is fate."

"Fate? To be found by the Dark One? Are you mad, Dallben?" Taran spoke up, not understanding what was going on. But Dallben smacked Taran's head to stop him from saying anything else.

"Hush, boy! I meant what I said because I am in need of his services."

"Then you must know how my father runs his business. Magic-"

"Always comes with a price. Yes, yes, I know. Why don't we go inside? The trees have ears and I need help to protect us all."

The two young ones, along with the pig, entered the small cottage. Once they were safe inside, the old man performed magic on the pig. The pig was then hypnotized and dunked his head in a bucket of water.

The water began to turn and turn in circles, until it started to glow a bright blue color. Dark shadows appeared in the glowing water, one was a scary looking monster, a dark cauldron, and then a shadow that was identical to Hen-wen. The man quickly pulled the pig away from the water. It stopped glowing, turning back to regular liquid. Taran was in deep shock after what he just saw.

"Dallben, since when were you a sorcerer?" He asked him, amazed.

"Since I came across another. But that is not a tale to tell at the moment. What you just saw was a dark and magical creature, who is searching for another powerful object. The Black Cauldron."

"And what is so special about this cauldron?" Rose asked. It sounded like something her father would be interested in.

"An awesome weapon. It's been hidden for centuries. But if the Horn King finds it first, he will unleash its power. And nothing will stand against him."

"It sounds like something my father would love to collect." Rose unhappy said.

"Yes, well, it seems that the Horn King knows about Hen-wen. Taran, take Hen-wen to the hidden cottage at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Hide there, and never bring her out until I come for you two." The man instructed them to do so and handed the pig into Rose's arms to hold. The pig made a happy squeal sound when tucked into her secure arms. Rose, on the other hand, was surprised that this stranger already felt he could trust her after knowing who she is related to.

"Are you sure you want to trust me?" She reminded him. He nodded in agreement.

" It is because you are your father's daughter that I can trust you."

"If you say that, then why not have Taran and Hen-wen come with me to my father's castle. It's a bit far out, but the magic there is safer."

"That is very true, my dear. But as you said before, it is a bit far. I worry you will not make it in time. So please, go to the cottage. Taran will lead you there. Go quickly! Safe journey, you two."