CH 10

Rumple and Milah returned home, where their two children were patiently waiting. Milah had gone out for the whole day again. Leaving the twins behind home alone. Rumple was out working, not knowing what his wife was doing. When he returned home, he knew instantly where she would be. She was at the bar, drinking and playing with others again. It wasn't news for him when she acted like this, but it still pained him to see how easily she could leave the children without a second thought. She didn't even try to have someone watch over them for her.

After finally getting Milah home, it was very late and Rumple just had managed to get his kids to sleep. He even made some tea for his "exhausted" wife.

Milah continued to tell Rumple that they should leave the village and live a new life where no one knew his name. But for the main purpose of no one knowing of his name and what he did in the Ogre War. For her, this was not a life, and she could not see a way to be happy with what she has. Not even thinking about her children.

"I know that this isn't the life you wanted. But it can be good." The sound of their daughter's cry interrupted them. The two parents got up and made their way to their daughter. Milah was faster than Rumple because of his crippled leg slowing him down. Milah found Rosemary sitting up with her stuffed handmade bunny for papa made for her, in her arms. Rose was hugging it tight as she continued to cry.

Surprisingly, Bae was still sound asleep. His sister's cry did not wake him at all. Not even a stir.

Milah got down on her knees to get a better look at her only daughter. The small child didn't look like she was physically hurt, she must've had a nightmare.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" The woman asked her softly. The girl didn't say a word to her mother. She only shook her head and looked at her bunny instead.

"Rose, let mommy help-" Rose pulled away from her mother's hand.

"I want papa." She whispered. Milah was shocked and felt a stab of pain on her chest. Rosemary has never acted this way before. Her daughter always would ask for her, and followed her around. But now.....

"Rosemary, what's wrong." The father asked tenderly to his little girl.

"Papa!" Rose cried out and got out of bed, running towards him and hugging his legs tightly. Milah watched rumple slowly kneel down to his daughter's eye level and calmed her down in his embrace. He even started to sing a lullaby that Milah had never heard of. Or perhaps, she just never payed attention to it before.

Watching father and daughter together made the woman make a final decision, she did not belong here anymore. Not even her own children are a good enough reason to stay and try harder.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"He is still treating me like a jewel in a locked box!" Rose screamed out as she continued to throw her pillows on her bed. It was her way to let out her stress, at least some of it.

"Sweetheart, papa's gonna go for a drink. It's my time to think and your time to sleep. HEE-HEE-HEE" She mimicked her father's words from earlier that day. His annoying way of talking in rhymes was bugging her more and more.

"AAAAHHHHH!" She shouted out one more time. She was prepared to throw one more object that was in her hand. She froze before she could, noticing it was her old stuffed bunny. She let out a breath and rolled her eyes to stop herself. Despite everything, she couldn't take her anger out on her old toy that her father from before made for her. She was mad at the new Rumpelstiltskin. She layed on her bed thinking.

'What to do? What to do? I could obey him and go straight to bed....... Or I could follow him and stop him from killing another person.'

She got up, and left her room. But not after placing Mr Rabbit back on her bed nicely.