Ch 24

Gold, Emma, and Henry took a plane to New York. Gold was very uneasy traveling without having his magic. He was feeling weak and powerless. But he had to do this. For his daughter and his son.

The plane ride felt long, but now taking a ride in the taxi made him more jittery.

"So Rose has a brother. That's really cool. Who's older?" Henry gleefully asked." Gold barely heard the young boy and looked at him with a dazed look.

"What?" He asked the young boy.

"Who's older? Rose or Baelfire?" Henry, still in a merry mood, had his head turned up at him with an interested look.

"Oh..." Rumple was lost in his thoughts, taking a breath in and out. Henry may not have noticed it, but Emma did. She was getting more concerned about the now older, weaker man. True, he is the dark one, powerful beyond belief. But out here in the real world, he is just your typical old man with a poor body. If things went wrong, that won't be good.

"Well..." He continued, "she and her brother are twins really. But if you want to be exact. Baelfire is older by a few minutes." Even Rumple himself noticed his voice sounded weaker. It brought back feelings of the man he was before being the Dark One. Not an accepting feeling.

Of course, Henry didn't notice. Content with the answer he was given, he concentrated on the road ahead from his seat. Enjoying the view of the New York traffic. "Wow! A twin. I can't wait to meet him."

They made it to their stop and all got out of the yellow taxi. Rumple inspected the tall, pale color building of apartments before him. He was close. Emma noticed that unlike her parents who didn't want to waste any second to talk to her and wouldn't even leave her side, Rumple was acting the opposite.

"Let me guess, he's not expecting you?" She already knew the answer, but had to ask. Rumple only gave her a slightly embarrassed look. "Well, who doesn't love a surprise."

They entered the building with a locked gate blocking the entrance, which only left them with the choice of ringing the doorbell.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cora seemed to have little trouble adjusting to life in Storybrooke. She dressed herself in nice classy clothing. Preferably in black to give her the sense of power. Leaving her hair down felt relieving and wicked. She was proud of herself for getting this far. Her and Hook managed to travel to this realm. She was able to gain information from the Cricket man. And here she is, reunited with her only daughter. All that's left was to find a way to keep it that way.

Cora had plans for them that day, but when she arrived at Regina's room, she saw her daughter had a melancholy look.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Cora asked as she sat beside her on Regina's bed.

"Where do I start? Emma took Henry with her and Gold out of town. And Rose...."

"I'm still amazed you managed to be on her good side." Cora wasn't too thrilled to learn that the same girl who didn't fall for her tricks was the same girl her own daughter grew to care about. Even if it was at first an act of revenge on Rumpelstiltskin. "She wasn't very kind with your mother"

Regina eyed her mother. She doesn't blame Rose at all for not trusting or liking Cora so easily. Rose was definitely braver than she was to face her head on.

Putting those thoughts aside, Regina returned her thoughts to Henry.

"And even though they will be back, Henry will still be with them and not with me."

"Back from where?" Regina and Cora both looked at the entrance of her doorway to find Hook in his ball black leather pirate clothes, with a face of heated glare of desperation at them. Regina wasn't thrilled to have the reason Rose was hurt in her house. Especially since the last they met he favored her mothers orders instead of her.