CH 18

"Rose!"

Rose opened her eyes and gasped for air. Smee was no longer there, instead it was her father.

"Ow... My head." She winced as Rumple helped her to stand up. Opening her eyes, she noticed the shop looked different. It was a mess with items broken and thrown everywhere.

"What happened?" She asked confused. But the murderous look her papa had told her he knew.

"It was a trap!" He yelled and started to break more glass objects nearby with his cane. Rose jumbled just a little, but Belle was terrified of his reaction.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Someone wanted papa out of here so they could get in and steal something."

"But who?"

"Judging by that rat, my guess is it's that Pirate."

"Wait. You know that pirate too?" Rose was surprised that Belle knew of Hook.

"You know Captain Hook?"

"He's the one who went after Belle in the Library earlier. He had Smee steal your brother's cloak from me." Rumple finally spoke. His tone reminded her that he wasn't done being angry.

"Why would he want a cloak?" It didn't make sense. The two adults looked at each other, having a mental conversation. "What are you not telling me?"

"Rumple, tell her. She was going to find out eventually." Belle told him. If Belle knew and Rose didn't, she wasn't going to be happy.

"I found a spell that can get me to cross over the town line." He explained. His daughter smiled so big and hugged her father so tightly. This was good news!

"Oh my god! You did it? I can't believe it. This is great! But why the secret? We can finally find Bae!" She cheerfully said. Rumple pulled her away and laid his hands on her shoulders.

"Because the potion is only enough for one. And it has to be placed on something you hold dear and be worn during the whole time so you don't forget."

Rose had to take a minute to let his words sink in. She understood why he hadn't told her yet. She wouldn't be able to go and see her long lost brother. And now Hook stole the shawl. Most likely to lure her papa somewhere to fight again. But she only had one thing on her mind.

"You were going without me." She said sadly.

"Rose-" She took some steps back from him. Glaring at him.

"You were going to leave me behind again!" Just like he'd do back in the castle.

"It's for your own good."

"Oh, really? Did you forget what just happened?" She pointed to the whole room of the robbery.

"Nowhere is safe, papa! And please stop locking me up when things get bad. I am not going to leave you like she did. I. Am. Not. Milah!" She cried out and ran out of the shop.

Belle stayed still, watching Rumple staring into space. Lost in his thoughts.

"Rumple" His soft delicate voice brought him back and he looked at her.

"Who is Milah?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." The teenage girl kept muttering to herself as she kept kicking a pebble during her walk. Too annoyed to stop and too frustrated to think. That was until she almost took a step over the water. Waking from her thoughts and finding herself at the docks.

She always ends up somewhere random when she isn't paying attention to her surroundings. The place was quiet and empty. All you say where some boats here and there, seagulls flying and waves splashing into the shore.