Ch 11

There was a celebration over at Granny's diner. The dwarfs had finally found pixie dust in the mines. Word had spread so fast that soon the place was filled with people drinking and laughing together to celebrate.

Jim was cleaning a table when he heard a giggle nearby. He looked around and found Rose Gold laughing in a booth with Henry.

Even though he had re-introduced himself to her, to start over, he didn't exactly follow through. He hadn't spoken to her since, and just walked by. Then again, she didn't try to speak with him either. They weren't exactly close from their realm to begin with.

She was just a random girl he had met at a ball, and ran away before he could get to know her better. Then he finds out in this world, she is the daughter of the Dark One. It would be better to stay away and avoid problems with her, to be safe. Right?

A yelp was heard, coming from Ruby. Jim noticed the mechanic guy that once flirted with her during the curse, was now talking to her. His brother's instincts were kicking in, but he didn't make a move to save her yet.

""I already know Ruby, I want the chance to meet Red." Billy said. Now he goes.

"Uh..... tonight's actually not a great night because..." Ruby was lost on what to say. And surprised to see the teenage boy stand by her side, wrapping his arm around her shoulder to bring her close.

"Because its sibling night." Jim answered for her.

"That-that's right! You remember Norman, right?" She asked the man.

"Yeah! Is your name really Norman or-"

"It's Jim. Jim Hawkins." Jim corrected him.

"And you two are actually siblings?"

"Practically. He had lived with us in the Enchanted Forest, and here too. He's a brother to me. My little brother" She explained and played with his hair, causing Jim to step away and trying to fix it.

"I'm not so little anymore. I'm catching up to you." It was at that moment that Ruby realized he really is almost the same height as her.

"No way! When did that happen?" She asked in disbelief.

"I can tell when a sibling fight is about to start. I should go. Maybe next time, Ruby." Billy left. Ruby felt relieved it was over.

"Thank you for that save. I totally owe you." She thanked Jim.

"No worries. It's almost time anyway." He reminded her and pointed at the clock that was hanging on the wall. Bringing Ruby back to worrying.

"Okay. Finish clearing out the tables. I will check on Granny."

Jim turned to get back to work. Just in time to see that the girl he was watching earlier, was leaving with Henry. Charming was still sitting and drinking with some older looking man.

Charming must've sent the two home.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rose was at Mary Margaret's- Snow's place. Helping Henry with his math homework.

"Why are we doing this? I hate it." The preteen complained as they continued to sit on the bed.

"Like it or not, kid, you're still in school. And you still need to do the homework."

"I'm technically royalty. I don't have to do this."

"And I'm the Dark One's daughter, but you don't see me using titles to excuse myself."

"You could."

"I won't."

"You could."

"I won't."