Ch 20

Everything happened so fast. The moment Jim had heard from Ruby that Rose was shot, he felt time truly had frozen. He felt cold, useless, and confused. He wanted to help, but there was nothing he could do. He wanted to yell, punch, something. His mind re-focused on the new noise getting louder and closer. Ruby had decided to meet up with the others at the ER of the hospital. Jim refused to stay with Henry and Granny, and joined her instead.

He watched the nurses rushing two bodies in a rush. It was a quick moment, but Jim could have sworn he had seen a man with pale skin and black wet hair, wearing all black leather clothes that looked too familiar. But then he noticed her. There she was, Rose Gold being held in Mary Margret's arms. Also being dragged away in a rush. Until the shouts of Mr Gold were heard.

"Where are they taking her? Rose!"

"Get him out of here!" David instructed, but Gold was fighting those who tried to pull him away. Mary Margret saw Jim.

"Jim! Take her." She gently pulled the young girl towards him. Both Jim and Rose looked at Mary Margret confused.

"Where?" He asked.

"Follow the Nurse. Don't leave her alone." She instructed.

"Rosemary!" Rumple shouted again. Scaring the girl. Neither noticed she inched herself closer in his arms. Jim held her with a grip.

"Go!" Not wasting a second, he took Rose away. The Nurse led them down the hall.

"Who are you?" The girl asked him. Jim was about to ask what she meant, but the nurse spoke up, still walking ahead of them.

"We were informed she hit her head hard on the road. Causing her to have Amnesia."

He had that cold feeling again. Multiple questions were rushing through his head.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Rose was sedated and had fallen asleep. She was trying to explain to the nurses that she was shot and then was magically healed. Not just from the shot wound, but from her sickness too. The nurse had informed her that she had taken a hard fall and was hallucinating. Rose, still fighting back, was then given strong medication. Knocking her out and was now in deep slumber.

Jim stayed in the room watching her sleep peacefully. He took a chair and was facing her. He replayed everything that happened in the last few hours. She was with him. They were in a good place. He should've stopped her. Made her stay with him or somewhere else. Maybe then she wouldn't be laying in bed not remembering anything.

"Jim" He heard a whisper. He looked behind him and saw Ruby at the door, waving at him to come out. Taking one last look at Rose, he stood up and left the room. Closing the door gently to not wake her. Ruby started walking with him down the hall. Getting the feeling he was sitting all that time.

"How is she?" Ruby asked him. Jim noticed she looked stressed and tired too. Jim looked at her with a frown and sighed.

"She lost her memory. They said she hit her head hard causing Amnesia. But Rose says she was shot and was healed. And I mean, completely heal." He explained. Hoping she knew what he meant, hoping she could explain more of the situation.

Ruby nodded. "The Charming's told me. She was at the Town line with her father. She was shot, causing her to cross over. Losing her memory. Looks like Mr Gold didn't hesitate to use magic on the shooter, who was a Pirate actually. But a car drove in, before he could. The driver hit the Pirate. That's when Gold healed her. David, Mary Margret, and Emma came in. And here we are." Jim took it all in. So that's what they meant and why they gave her that explanation.

"So she doesn't remember anything? Nothing at all?" He asked, afraid he already knew what else that meant.

Ruby knew where he was going and gave him a somber look. "Looks like she only knows her cursed life."