CH7

Rose had decided to make breakfast in the kitchen while her papa and Belle were having a "discussion". She wasn't trying to eavesdrop on, but they were making it really hard to ignore them. The living room is literally in front of the kitchen. Next thing she knew, their footsteps were getting closer to where she was.

"Is your father always like this?" Bellse asked the teenager. The woman had been questioning Rumple for a few minutes about why he brought magic, making it, and needing it so badly. It was no surprise to Rose that her father didn't lie, but he also didn't give Belle a straight answer.

"What you are doing, is what I used to do." She shrugged her shoulders, "You get used to it." She simply said.

"Take her word for it. Eventually, I will explain myself. Just give me time. Please." Rumple softly said to his love. He didn't want her to get upset. He had a feeling that if he had told her the truth now, that she would be against it and try to stop him.

Belle was still unhappy.

"She's your daughter, Rumple. Of course she has to obey you and wait around. However, I will not." She stated and marched her way back upstairs to their room. Rumple sighed and hung his head down disappointed. Rose felt sorry for her father. She knows that he loves them both very much, but she also knows that he can be a coward.

"What am I to do, Rose?" He asked but still stayed still.

"Papa, do you remember when I ran away?" Referring to the time when she met a ginger boy and a Dark Horn King.

"Worse moment to remember." He remembered well what happened on that day. Too many unfortunate things occurred. Rose did her best to ignore the guilt that returned to her, and concentrated on her reason for bringing it up.

"Papa, you are a clever man." His frown twitched.

"And yes, you make mistakes. It's common to very clever people of assuming that everybody else is stupid." He frowned again.

"What's your point, Rose?" He asked, not understanding where she was going with this.

"When you think like that, you take control and make rash decisions without thinking. From my experience, the person you try to 'control' will be very angry with you and will want to leave just to prove that you're wrong about them. You got so scared of almost losing me that day. Don't let your 'reason' of hiding secrets chase Belle away. Otherwise, you'll lose her again."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"So did they find any fairy dust yet?" Rose asked Henry as they walked towards his school. It was weird for her to not be dressed up in her now old school uniform and not enter the building. But she knew that it was for the best, for now at least.

Henry had begged and begged his grandfather, David Charming, to let Rose walk him to school. The others had issues about letting the Dark Ones daughter be close to anyone. They were afraid that she too was a dark witch, waiting to strike. But David could not say no to Henry's puppy face. He did however, make the little boy promise to call for help if anything happened. Scream if he had to.

Henry promised, but lied about it. Or at least wasn't planning on following directions. He trusts Rose and knows that she is not evil. She will always be Rose, his big sister.

"Not yet, but they will soon. I just know it. Soon Emma and Mary Margret will be back." He confidently said. Rose had to smile at his optimism.

"You, Henry Mills, are a very hopeful child." She teased.

"It's in my blood."

Just around the corner was his school. Henry wasn't happy, realizing that their walk was shorter than he thought.

"We're here." She announced.

"Don't you miss it? Coming to school and being with your friends." He had to ask. He was already sad that he wouldn't be seeing her in the halls like he had before.

"I didn't have any friends to begin with."

"But what about Norman? You two were-" She cut him off.

"You better go before your late, squirt." Henry understood why Rose didn't want to talk about her former friend. He found out earlier what Norman did for Regina during the curse. Regina herself had confessed it to him. And he can also see why Rose is not fond of the Evil Queen. He did believe though that she should give Norman a chance. Maybe if he could figure out Norman's side of the story, it can help to clear things up. Henry just wanted Rose to be happy again.

"Will you be here when I get out?" He asked her.

"Definitely! You can't get rid of me that easily." They both laughed and hugged each other goodbye. Henry ran across the street, and Rose decided to shout something to him.

"Just because I'm not around, does not mean you can slack in school!" She shouted

"I know!" He didn't even look back.

"And you better behave, little boy!"

"I know, mom!" She giggled at his comment and turned away once he entered the building.

What to do? What to do? I could go home and face a depressing 'I never do anything wrong' father, or-

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard some familiar voices coming close to the abandoned library building. Rose peeked over behind a boulder and saw Belle was talking to someone. And that person had trapped Belle in his arms. Pulling her away. Rose reached into her pockets, but found them empty.

"Seriously? I forgot my wand and my phone again! What kind of a teenager forgets that?" She scolded herself.

Deciding that it would be a waste to stop and look for help, (because the majority would probably not even believe her) she decided to follow them on her own.