CH19

It was a routine to be angry at Rumple now. He would do something Rosemary did not like and she would run around the castle in order to let off some steam.

But what was unusual for her was that she was in a corridor she had never seen before. She had lived in that castle for years, therefore she should have known of this area by now. But the place was definitely different from the rest.

First, there were candles lit around here and there and she felt a calmer feeling with a sweet scent. She followed up the stairs and opened the large doors. She found herself in a medium size room filled with shelves of books all over. As she went to verify what books they were, they were all adventure books.

She found it odd that there was a secret room of books. Why hadn't she been told of it?

The room grew brighter in the center, where she found a stand with a large brown book being held.

"The Book of Incantations." She read out to herself. Opening it, she read the instructions. It was a spell book.

She flipped through the pages and found one with the title 'Spell for Snow'

"With these words

Your tongue must sew

For all around there

To be snow"

She recited the spell and quickly felt a cold dust on her hands. Looking up she saw snow flakes falling from nowhere in the ceiling. Smiling with joy, she was amazed it worked. Then it was gone. The room was dry again.

Flipping some pages more, she found one with a mirror on it. She saw her reflection and her face turned into the face of Milah.

Closing her eyes, she flinched away. She opened her eyes and took a peak at the mirror again. It was now empty. Blank. She didn't even see herself. Then some words appear in the mirror.

"Transform my reflection

Cast into perfection

Lashes, Lips and complexion

Make me she

Holds more beauty over me"

It changed again and turned her face into a girl with blond hair and gray eyes. She then found herself in the woods.

She walked through the woods and noticed some boys around her age were watching her from afar. She smiled to herself. Not used to boys looking at her like she is pretty.

She ended up in front of her old home. Or what it used to be and saw no one was outside. The inside was empty, looked like no one had lived there in forever.

"Are you lost?" A man with a wagon of chickens asked her. Rosemary recognized him from the time her papa turned him into a snail. But that was centuries ago!

"I was just- What happened here? I thought someone lived here." She asked him.

"No one has lived there in a year. The coward who use to live there with his son, killed himself after receiving the news his boy died in the Orger War."

Rose felt she couldn't breath. She had traveled back in time and felt she was suffocating.

"He-He died?"

"The boy wanted to prove that he was not a coward like his father. To be the son of Rumpelstiltskin is already horrible enough. At least in the end, Baelfire was different from his father."

Rosemary had trouble sinking in what he was saying.

"The family was ruined from the start. No wonder his wife left him." The man finished and strolled away.