Ch 14

"I can't believe you actually talked me into this." Rumple muttered as he and Rosemary continued their walk through the woods towards their destination.

"You owe me." She reminded her father. "You said you felt guilty, after what happened with Taran."

He sighed, giving in. "A promise is a promise. But I am warning you, this is a small trip. Nothing big, nothing fancy. I am not going to risk your life again."

She smirked at him. "Never say never, Dark One."

Out from behind a tree, was a man dressed in a fine black leather suit with a large black hat on his head. He was smiling at the two.

"You must be the Mad Hatter my father told me about." She said as she made her way to him. He took her hand and gave it a kiss, while Rumple grumbled.

"And you must be the lovely secret daughter Rumple has never told about. Until now." Rumple rolled his eyes. Making the man chuckle. " I must say, you are a beauty. You must take after your mother." Rose pulled her hand away immediately, frowning. Hatter knew he had said the wrong thing, since both father and daughter glared at him.

"Watch it. I trust you will not spread word of my daughter's existence."

"And if I don't, you will take my home, my family, and my one of a kind hat. I know I know." Hatter said in boredom as he flipped his hat into the air and caught it. He knew the drill.

"And what makes your hat so special?" She was told that his hat had magic and could do something magical. But he wouldn't say what.

"It can transport you to other lands, worlds even." Rose was shocked and looked back at her father. Confused why he hadn't used the item to get to where her brother was. But her father's face didn't seem surprised. He had his hand up to stop her. He knew her thoughts.

"I've already checked. It doesn't go there." She was disappointed.

"Oh! That place again? Who would want to go to a world without magic?" Hater looked at Rose. "Please don't tell me you do." He wasn't impressed if it was true the daughter of the Dark One wanted to be in a place with no magic.

"Not for the reasons you think." Changing her tone to a more excited one "Putting that aside, where are you taking me?"

"Wait and see." He winked and threw his hat into the air. Before the hay could even touch the ground, it turned and turned into a portal.

"After you." He gestured for her to jump in. Rose smiled and had a glance at her father for approval. To be honest, Rumple did not want to. But he knew he couldn't say no this time. After nodding his head, he watched his daughter jump in first. Then Hatter, then him

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rose found herself in a dark room with doors all around her. They were all of different colors, sizes, and styles.

"So What do you think? Pretty amazing isn't it?" Hatter asked her. He was proud of his world.

"Amazing? It's brilliant! Terrific" She excitedly cheered.

"And Why have You been hiding such a happy child all this time? She would be a great help with Grace." After meeting the young girl, I was very surprised to see what she looked like.... more human than mystical like Rumple. It eased his nerves very much. He even believed she would get along with his daughter Grace. Perhaps one day the two girls could play together while the fathers did their business.

"Personal reasons." Rumple stated.

"Annoying reasons, really. So where are we going?"

"You get to decide." Rose didn't expect that and stared at her father.