Ch 25

PAST

Rosemary hated Cora with a passion. The red headed woman, with that annoying pointy nose and too proud for her own good attitude, was always trying to get close. Or to Rosemary, too physical for someone who was a student.

Rose may not be on good terms with her father, especially since she avoids him by staying in her room most of the time. But curiosity always got the best out of her after she found out her father had not only made another deal, but that he was teaching that same woman magic. He had never done that before. And him being the Dark one, he wouldn't do anything without reason.

Too proud to ask him herself, she would do stake outs on her own to see this mystery person. She learned her name was Cora, daughter of a Miller, and was now married to Prince Henry.

Every time Rose had a peak of Cora, she would notice that the woman always had a look of desperation. A heavy desire to want more power and yet never be satisfied. It was a look Rose was familiar with, seeing it on Rumpelstiltskin's for too long. Cora was also making it very clear she was being too intimate towards her teacher.

As the unfortunate daughter, Rosemary was grossed out. But she knew without a doubt this woman was up to no good.

During one of her sneak outs, Rose was watching from afar in the giant spell room of her fathers. Hiding behind one of the pillars and using the red curtain that was hanging from up high to the ground to cover herself in. She watched as Rumple was teaching the woman how to take out a heart. They were practicing on a random guard she had 'brought' in.

"Now remember, dearie. Remember what you want. Use that anger deep inside and push your way in. Make sure without a second you remain focused. Otherwise, a not so good ending for him." Rumpelstiltskin instructed with that squeaky creepy giggle in the end, causing the girl still hiding to roll her eyes.

Cora took a few seconds to search deep inside herself for that power that always tempted her to take. Not wasting another second, she harshly pushed her hand into the guard's chest. Causing both the guard to grunt in pain and Rose to gasp, covering her mouth for them to not hear her, or possibly to stop herself from screaming.

Without blinking as her eyes felt watery, Rose could not tear herself away from the scene she knew all too well how it would end.

Cora pulled out the now red beating heart in her hand with such a rush. Cora let out a breath she was holding in, and was smiling with glee. Rose frowned. How could a person ever take such pleasure in doing that? Then she heard the heart being crushed as the man painfully groaned. But still being under a frozen spell, there was little he could do. Dying without being able to move or even cry out.

The man's lifeless body was finally freed, falling to the ground with a thump as Cora dropped the now pile of dust from her hand.

Having enough and unsure she could hold her tears much longer, Rose moved out of her hiding spot and ran out as quietly as she could. Cora, however, had sensed someone behind her. She turned and barely noticed a young girl with long dark hair in a braid slipping through the doors.

"Looks like we have an uninvited guest." Cora happily announced, ready to try out some special magic tricks she's been wanting to test out.

But before she could take another step, Rumple stood in front of the woman with a straight face. She was unable to tell if he was angry or something. But the more she observed, the more he looked sad. Which she was very unaware he could even feel.

"What's wrong? Don't you want to stop them?" She questioned him.

"That person is none of your concern." Even his tone was more.... human sounding. Sparking her interests more. She stepped closer to erase the gap between them. Slowly letting her breathe out so he could feel it against his and give into her like the other times she'd done.