~3~

the day the music died

"Mommy!" Yelena yelled out after scraping her knee on the ground Anya and Natalia were already on her side. Melina came out of the house and knelt beside her "what happened?" she asked the crying girl. "she fell on her knee" Anya answered. "oh you bump your knee?" Melina asked in a soft voice and Yelena nodded.

"oh come on little one, you're okay, pain only makes you stronger" melina said as she helped the six year old up. "let's go inside dinner is ready" they took off their shoes on the porch before going inside.

"I want mac and cheese" Yelena said walking into the kitchen "oh you want mac and cheese, well then I want caviar and champagne" the three girls set the table and Alexei came home.

American pie

I can't remember if I cried

But something touched me deep inside

The day the music died

So bye-bye miss American pie

Singing this will be the day that I die

"hey kiddo's" he said rubbing his hands over Nat and Anya's heads. The three girls took their places around the table with Melina but Alexei stayed standing. "everything okay?" melina asked him and he shot her a look. Her whole demeanour changed.

Melina stood up from the table, her and Alexei went to stand behind the wall to talk. "you don't think?" Nat asked and Anya looked at her with fear in her eyes. "they wouldn't would they? They love us they wouldn't" Anya whispered, Yelena was busy eating her potatoes.

"girls remember when I told you that one day we would have that big adventure" Alexei started as they sat down again. Anya reached for Nat's hand under the table, Nat squeezed her hand in her own, the touch made her stomach flip. "today is the day" Alexei finished and Yelena smiled "yay!" both Anya and Nat were about to cry but Yelena was bouncing in her seat, she had no clue.

Alexei stood up and Yelena followed, Melina looked at the two older girls and whispered "I'm sorry" before standing up as well. Anya and Nat got up from the table, Nat ran outside to get their shoes as Anya ran upstairs to get the polaroid picture from her nightstand, she stuffed it into her pocket and ran down again. Nat was waiting for her, holding up a green and a red shoe.

Anya put them on while walking to the door where the other three were waiting.  They were put into the car, the three girls in the back with Yelena in the middle.

"where are we going?" Yelena asked as they drove off. "home" Melina answered and Yelena looked confused "mom you're silly we just left home" she said but didn't get a reply.

"I want my song" Yelena said after a few minutes, Alexei put the disc in and hit play. Soon the sounds of American pie were playing through the car. Yelena singing happily with Anya and Nat staring at one another, sad and scared.

They arrived at a place where you could rent storage tents and the car came to a stop abruptly. "alright let's get it moving" Alexei said getting out of the car.

The three girls helped the couple to get the small plane ready before getting in. "why isn't dad on the plane?" Nat asked looking at Alexei still standing outside. "he's coming" Melina answered starting the engine before driving the plane out onto the road.

Police sirens were heard behind them and Alexei ran after the airplane shooting at the cars. There were shots being fired from the car and some went into the plane hitting Anya at the side of her arm, and hitting Melina who fell down in her seat. "MOM!" Nat yelled "I need you up here" Natalia climbed into the seat next to her which also had a control dock. Melina gave her instructions as Alexei jumped onto the wing of the plane. They were ditching bullets from all around and Anya was clutching her arm while also covering Yelena.

They got off the ground just in time and Alexei crawled into the plane to take over the control. Nat climbed into the back and only then noticed Anya got hurt as well. "oh god An! Are you okay?" nat asked taking a look at her friend's bloody arm. "I'm fine" Anya gritted through the pain Yelena curled up to her side. Nat sat next to her and Anya put her head on her shoulder.

They landed in cuba and melina was put on a stretcher, Yelena, Anya and Natalia crowded around her "get up mommy, pain only makes you stronger remember" Yelena Cried.

""I'm sorry mom I'm scared" Nat whispered in Russian, "girls, never let them take your hearts" Melina mumbled before the three were pushed to the side. Anya and Nat both put their arms around Yelena, who still had no clue what was going on. Melina was loaded onto a truck and Yelena pulled herself loose from her sisters "DADDY DAD" she yelled rushing over to Alexei. "Yelena!" Anya yelled as her and Nat ran after the girl.

teenagers- my chemical romance

They're gonna clean up your looks with all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun and keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do

Because the drugs never work, they're gonna give you a smirk
'Cause they got methods of keeping you clean
They're gonna rip up your heads, your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine

They said "All teenagers scare the living shit out of meThey could care less as long as someone'll bleed"So, darken your clothes or strike a violent poseMaybe they'll leave you alone, but not me
The boys and girls in the clique, the awful names that they stickYou're never gonna fit in much, kidBut if you're troubled and hurt, what you got under your shirtWill make them pay for the things that they did

A soldier grabbed her arm "Get away from her!" nat yelled as she kicked his arm and anya pulled Yelena into her on the other side.  Where another soldier appeared, she leaned down and grabbed the gun from his belt. Anya stood with her back to Yelena, Nat on the other side in the same position both holding up a gun. "DON'T TOUCH HER" Anya yelled pointing the gun at the soldiers.

"I will shoot" Nat yelled in Russian and Anya repeated her words. They circled around Yelena, one of the soldiers with his own gun reached out to grab Nat's gun but she quickly spread her arms, Anya followed and they switched guns, now holding them in the opposite hand, it was like a dance routine. Dreykov looked at it impressed.

"girls" Alexei said softly "hand over the guns" he kneeled in front of them, "I don't want to go back there" Nat cried out "she's only 6" Anya reminded him. "you were younger" Alexei said distracting them long enough for three soldiers to inject them with tranquilizer making the three girls drop to the ground.

They were carried to a bigger plane that would take them back to Russia. When they woke up again they were stuffed into a storage container with a lot of other girls. Yelena sat between Nat and Anya who were whispering the words of American pie to calm her down.

The container was opened by masked soldiers making almost all of the girls yell out in fear. They were ushered out and separated "Yelena no!" Anya yelled fighting one of the soldiers, nat was on the other side struggling to reach Yelena as well. They were held as they watched Yelena being taken somewhere else.

Anya was carried into the back of a van with other girls, she couldn't see a thing inside so she didn't know if nat was there. Once the bus had driven off and the girls had stopped screaming she whistled. It took a few seconds before the reply came "Aya?!" Nat asked into the dark "I'm here, I'm here" Anya said following nat's voice, a hand reached out and intertwined with hers, she could recognize that hold from anywhere and was pulled towards Natalia. The two embraced each other and let their tears fall, they didn't let go until they were taken out of the van and back into the red room.

It was like they had never left, like their stay in Ohio was all a dream and they just woke up from it entering a horrible nightmare. The hair dye didn't work and in their first week of being back their hair was dyed back to their normal color.

~*~

1310 words

a lil shorter 

07-02-2022