~26~

White noise what an awefull sound

Underground – cody fry

I haven't felt this much pain since before getting the serum, there were aches all over my body, random places stinging and burning.

I felt my body but I couldn't move it, I wanted to open my eyes but they stayed closed enveloping me in darkness, alone with my thoughts and the pain.

With some time I slowly started to hear a constant beeping, it was faint at first barely noticible, but each beep became louder. I started to registrate more noise around me. I heard shuffeling and people talking but I couldn't make up the words they were saying yet, my mind one big haze.

I think I heard nat talking, her tone sounded worried. I wanted to reach out to her, show here I was fine, well.. alive atleast, I don't know if I can call paralyzed fine.

That's what I am, paralyzed, it's scary. "if either of them had taken even one bullet more they wouldn't have survived, they shouldn't have been able to survive the amount of bullet wounds but due to both of their fast metabolisms they were able to survive" it was the first real string of words I could make out in the jungle of sounds entering my brain.

Who were they talking about? Probably me, bullet wounds would explain the random pains all over my body. I don't recall getting bullet wounds or ending up here, nor who could've been the other one that got hurt.

I hear a soft whimper from my side, Natalia. I tried turning my head towards her but I didn't know if it had worked until I hear her gasp. "she's starting to wake up" I felt hands on my right arm, the side she was at, I felt soft fingers lace between mine, her soft fingers. They squeezed my hand.

I focussed all energy I had on my hand to squeeze back, it worked cus I heard a happy sound coming from natalia. "I'm right here Maliska, right here, I have you" my heart ached at her words, I wanted to see her so badly, to jump out of this trance and pull her into my arms.

Everytime I was close to giving up, I had one reason to keep going and one reason only: Natalia.

When fighting the wintersoldier back when we were getting selected for the super serum. I was beat down, but I got back up, for Natalia.

When we went on big missions the only reason I wasn't fully breaking down was because I had natalia on my side.

When we were taken back to the red room from ohio, natalia was there.

She has always been there. She is here now, right by my side as always.

And just like before she was my reason to keep going, give that extra push. Snap out of it.

I took a deep breath-which hurt- and focussed all my energy on opening my eyes. "heart beat's rising" another squeeze of her hand in mine "you can do this" the constant beeping.

"she's thinking of you, she's almost there" I felt a hand on my forehead

My eyes shot open but I closed them immediately after the harsh white light flashed in my eyes. I blinked them open despite the light, everything around me was hazy, I could see two figures leaning over me a bit, I could make them out to be Wanda and Natalia.

I turned my head to natasha and willed my eyes to focuss. The frown on her face turned into an immediate smile as she noticed my gaze focussing on her. "hi" she breathed.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out "ssh it's okay, take your time to wake up first" Natalia told me. I wanted to do nothing more than to hug her, feel her arms around me, to comfort her, and me.