~16~

Dude

"Are you sure about this?" Anya asked and Natasha nodded grabbing her hand. "I'm sure, Tony didn't mind the first time you stayed over he wouldn't mind now, he talked about wanting you on the team".

Anya looked up at the tower one more time before nodding at Natasha "well, let's get inside then". Anya was carrying her duffle bag with the little stuff she owned. Steve of course understood that she wanted to live with her girlfriend but said that If she needed anything his door was always open.

"welcome back steve's friend," tony said as the two walked out of the elevator "you didn't update him yet?" Anya asked and Natasha shrugged "slipped my mind" she whispered back.

"Actually it's Natasha's girlfriend, but you can call her Anya"

Tony looked from Anya to Natasha and back to Anya. "well that explains the lack of interest" Tony mumbled.

"she will be staying with me in my room atleast until we have time and money to buy a place of our own" Tony nodded. "no problem, you know you are always welcome here".

Anya followed Natasha to her room. It was very spacious, one of the walls was painted a dark green Anya looked at it. "Reminded me of you" Natasha said and Anya smiled at her. There was a bed with the headboard against that wall. In the corner, there was a big desk and there was also a couch and a bookshelf. On the other side, there was a walk-in closet and an ensuite bathroom.

It was similar to the guest room Anya stayed in but more spacious and more decorated. There were a couple of plants around the room and personal things lying around. "you can put the clothes you have into the closet, everything in there is now yours as well" Natasha said as she opened the door to the closet and walked in Anya followed. "this feels familiar" she joked but Natasha didn't get it. "you, me, in the closet" Natasha let out a snort as she caught on.

The two put away Anya's clothes. The only thing left was her suit and some of her leftover gear, as well as the loose belt buckle at the bottom of the bag.

"I still have mine as well, Tony removed the tracker, I assume you did it as well?" Anya nodded "yeah but my tracker was in my leg" Natasha grimaced "in your leg?" Anya nodded and unzipped her jeans sliding them down to reveal the scar in the middle of her left thigh. "cut it out myself as soon as I got my mind back" she explained and Natasha ran her fingers over the oval scar, it had a red undertone still healing.

"that must have hurt" Anya shrugged "stung a little".

~*~

Sam and steve were standing in front of fury's grave as the two arrived. Fury just walked off "you should be honoured that's about the closest he is going to get to saying thank you" Natasha told them as they approached.

"that thing you asked for, called in a few favours from kiev" she handed Steve the file she was holding. It was the file with all the info there was on the man named James Buchanan Barnes.

"you going after him?" sam asked now having seen the file "Natasha got her partner back which seemed impossible, I guess it is my turn now" he traced one of the pictures with his fingers.

"you don't have to come with me" he told sam, "I know, when do we start?".

~*~

"can we stop here" Anya said pointing at the shabby apartment complex they were about to walk by. "why?" Natalia took in the state of the building. "it's a long story I'll explain when we are inside" Anya answered and Natalia decided to go with it, trusting her girlfriend more than anyone.

She used a bobby pin to easily open the front door holding up her gun just in case. Once she knew for sure that there was no one there she went to her goal. In the corner of the living room, a large silver satin pothos plant was hanging from the ceiling, it's vines almost reached the ground. She grabbed a chair from the dinner table and climbed onto it. She took the plant off the hook while Natasha looked at her "all th trouble with the gun just to steal a plant?" Anya simply nodded.