29

Nat's birthday

That morning Steve and I had prepared a birthday breakfast for Nat, Wanda had joined us and had started baking a birthday cake for us to eat later in the day.

Steve and Wanda were helping me while also doing their own things, god knows I can't cook for shit. I was glad they were helping me with this cus I don't think I could've managed doing this on my own.

I had snuck out of bed this morning and hoped nat was still asleep. Pietro came walking into the kitchen rubbing sleep from his eyes "morning bullet" I greeted and he gave me a small smile leaning against the kitchen island, the nickname had replaced his old one 'speedy' after we were both impaled by multiple bullets, we wouldn't have survived without the other, it created an immediate bond. "What is this all for?" He asked yawning a bit.

"Pietro I told you last night it's natasha's birthday" Wanda scolded. "Oh yeah sorry, stillhalf asleep" he nodded at her, Wanda was a morning person, Pietro on the other hand... Not so much.

"Can I help" he asked Me. "Uhm yeah if you could set the table" He nodded and started heading to the cupboards just as Steve and I were putting the food we made on serving plates and Wanda was putting the cake in the oven.

"Morning?" I heard from the entrance, it was nat, she was looking at everything going on in the kitchen. Before I knew it pietro was speeding by setting the table and putting everything Steve and I had plated in the centre of it in the matter of two seconds.

I looked behind me at the fully set table pietro next to it straightening out the table cloth. "Surprise!" I said to nat "we made you a birthday breakfast".

Natalia looked from the table to me, to Steve and the twins in surprise. "You did this for me?" She asked and I nodded "I don't recall it being someone else's birthday" I joked and she smiled "thank you".

We all took places around the table, just the five of us. Steve went over everything we made for nat before we dove into the breakfast.

"I had expected last night was the only gift I was gonna get" Nat whispered but Steve heard and choked on his eggs. I immediately reached out with a chuckle and patted his back to get the eggs loose. "I sang her happy birthday Steve get your head out of the gutter" Steve took big gulps of his water shooting us a disbelieving look.

"We had a tradition at the redroom, at midnight on someone's birthday, the girl who could just reach the light switch would turn on the lights and we would sing happy birthday" I explained. "What do you mean could just reach the light switch, was she afraid to get out of bed in the dark?" Pietro asked completely oblivious.

"We Uhm, we were all hand cuffed to the bed" I mumbled my gaze fell to my wrists, where I still had scars from the vibranium handcuff I had struggled sleeping in each night that Nat was gone.

"What why-" Wanda waved her hand and suddenly there was no sound coming from pietro "not now, it's complicated" Wanda hissed at him before giving him his sound back. "Sorry" pietro mumbled "I didn't know" I smiled at the teen, "it's okay you couldn't have"

Luckily Steve knew the perfect way to change the subject when he mentioned he had gotten nat a present.

I told her I would give her the present later but did announce that I had something planned for us today.

After breakfast we all trained together before Nat and I got ready for the day I had planned, it was significantly colder outside since we had our shopping spree, we were both dressed in a big hoodie and a knit sweater to keep us warm under our winter coats.