Chapter 2

"Y/n, hey Y/n man wake up we're approaching the target."
Y/n slowy gained consciousness and realized it was his squad mate Ramirez waking him.
"We're bout a click out bro get ready to take the shit to the fan." Ramirez chuckled.
"Yeah Rog on that buddy." Y/n said checking his M4
"Left here." Ramirez said to the driver
As soon as the driver pushed the wheel into the corner a deafening bang shot out and Y/n felt themselves get launched from the vehicle and felt the cool air whizzing by them as they connected with the ground.

Y/n shot up from his sleep panting and covered in sweat.
"Sonofvabitch, same goddamn nightmare every night." Y/n muttered in a gravely voice perpelling himself off the bed and towards the bathroom.
Y/n sat on the floor of the shower letting the cold water rush over him cleansing his body and mind at the same time. After he finished in the shower and dried himself, he brushed his teeth and styled his h/c hair.
Finishing up he walked to his bedroom and looked to the clock, it read 7:30 am.
"30 minutes before my alarm, oh well no point going back to bed now no matter how inviting you look." Y/n chuckled to himself.
Y/n decided to dress a little nicer than normal for the interview putting on a white t-shirt and a red tucked flannel over it topping his outfit off with a new pair of jeans and his broke in cowboy boots. Rolling up his flannel sleeves to expose his tattooed arms
"No point in tryin to hide these guys hopefully they aren't up tight about it." Y/n said aloud to no one.
Walking from his bedroom to the living room/ kitchen he contemplated breakfast but decided against it already feeling a little nervous and not wanting to run the risk of food upsetting his stomach anymore. Looking to his door he muttered "Might as well get over there a little early I'm about 20 minutes from the Pizzaplex." Walking to his front door he grabbed his keys and wallet before muttering a quick "fuck" and running back to his room to grab his phone and faded worn out ballcap with an American flag being its only design.

Walking out and locking his front door he walked to his car.
"Oh you are the best part of my day baby!" Y/n said enthusiasticly to his car. It was a 68 Mustang coupe he restored himself in his free time on leave, it was originally his friend Treys project but since his passing he wouldn't let it get hauled to a scrap yard as long as he drew breath.

(The beaut in her glory)

Hoping in Y/n made sure it was in neutral before putting in the clutch and turning the key, the built up Ford small block chugged to life and played its melody of lopey idle

Y/n let a smile creep across their face after all its pretty damn hard to be sad in the driver seat of his baby. He connected his phone to his Bluetooth stereo he installed and thought for a second before deciding on a song and pressing play. Checking the time he saw it was 8:10 plenty of time so he threw the car in 1st and took off for the Pizzaplex.

After a quick 13 minute drive instead of 20 Y/n found themselves pulling into one of the largest parking lots he had ever layed eyes on, it had to have stretched atleast a quarter mile heading up to the also massive facility.
"They weren't fuckin kiddin about mega... damn!" Y/n said turning down the radio and crusing closer to the entrance.
Thankfully since it was still mildly early Y/n grabbed a spot close to the entrance and with no cars surrounding him, atleast for the time being.
Sighing to himself Y/n shut the engine off slapped the lock down on the passenger door before getting out and repeating the process to the driver door double checking that he had his keys before closing the door.