Volume 1 - Chapter 10

A question I never expected came right at my face, I stayed silent for a few seconds before laughing like crazy, of course, it wasn't really that loud and I never really felt amusement.

Horikita however, ignored my actions and just glared at me as if she was trying to manipulate me into doing something.

"Horikita, tell me why I should tell you?" Horikita just glared at me further. She must be trying to intimidate me or something, she's funny and annoying.

"If you don't, I'll be making sure that I will annoy you for the rest of the school-"

"Listen, Horikita, we are enemies in this school, so don't try and get information from me, Horikita Suzune. Just because we interacted with each other and talk to each other a lot of times doesn't classify you as my ally. I only help my allies, not enemies." I said cutting her off.

I was caught by surprise however when Horikita held my hand as she looks at me desperately.

"P-please just tell me!" This girl.., Even went to such heights just to plead with me, she might just be a good tool if I lead her to the right path...

"... I won't tell you anything but let me tell you one thing Horikita, the key is others. If you managed to figure out what I meant, then good for you, you may or may not have a counterattack against the other classes." I said, Horikita just glares at me, wondering why I didn't fall for her desperation.

I just ignored her and left, if she can't even cooperate with others, I doubt her whole class would be able to fight against even Class D. I've heard from Kaori that most of the current Class E students won't even be able to stand a chance against other classes alone.

So, why am I helping her..? 

It's simple, if she manages to figure it out, I am pretty sure she would be at least a bit thankful despite her superiority complex. Her persistence is great and she can easily manipulate most people. I said most...

People like Sakayanagi, Ryuuen, and probably the Class B students and other second years can immediately see through that, but if it were to be someone like an Idiot, she can probably control them like a puppet. She's a good asset, together with that girl.

"... Weren't you planning to get Kikyou first?" I hear Kaori whisper behind me as I reached the front of the classroom. I looked at her and she looks back, silence stayed for a few minutes before I answered her question.

"Horikita did something I didn't expect, I never knew she had a side like that to her, we'll get Kushida later. Horikita matters first I guess.."

"Ah, truth to be told, if Horikita were to ignore your words, I'm sure your plans would all fail, she has a huge part in it too." She then walked off after waving her hand at me, probably sensing that I am in a pretty bad mood because Horikita annoyed me a lot with her pestering.

I took a deep breath as I went back into the classroom, trying to change a few of my plans because of the annoying Horikita.

--

*Hironaka's POV*

I never thought that Horikita would be able to make Kiyo this annoyed, I may have longer patience than him but it's still hard to annoy that guy.

I shook my head as I walked in the direction of my dorm to pick up the other phone that I had. It was still 10-15 minutes before the break ends so it's not like it'll matter if I go back to the dorms.

I soon arrived at my dorm and opened the alternate phone we had, and smirks as I open a certain something.

"I never thought I would use this type of thing again.., But oh well, if it helps Kiyo make his plans easier then I'm up for it." That something I opened was a certain chestnut-haired girl making a fuss on the rooftop last night.

"Kushida Kikyou, too bad, seems like you're our next target. Though why does it have to be from Class E..?"

--

A little later after all our classes, it was already afternoon, I and Kiyo decided to roam around just a bit. And as we were walking, we walked past a certain someone, he has medium-dark hair and a set of dead fish eyes. He seems like a Class A student just from the aura he radiates.

Kiyo caught my gaze and followed my line of sight as well, he looks pretty interested in the guy. But we kept on walking so as to not be suspicious.

"Seems like an interesting guy..." Kiyo whispered to himself, I just nodded in response as his presence felt odd for some reason, Kiyo must've felt it too because he smirks a bit.

"Y'know.., I'm starting to think that Sakayanagi isn't the biggest threat in Class A.." I said a bit loudly because I know he isn't here anymore. Kiyo stayed quiet for a bit checking his surroundings, he must be observing around.

Since this area is creepily dark for some reason, students tend to stay away from this place at night, so even if he was still there, I and Kiyo will sense him. Either the left or he's just good at hiding his presence, which I found impossible for some reason.

".. I agree with you, whoever that guy is might even be stronger than Sakayanagi," Kiyo said as he smirks a little. I just noticed that he has been smirking a lot lately, he must be enjoying this, after all, Challenges are his enjoyment.

What about me..? 

What is my enjoyment?

Well~, Let's wait a bit for that shall we~? Perhaps, it may be better to show it in the future.

--

???'s POV

Those two people who just went past me seemed sort of interesting.., They may be perhaps a bit stronger than Arisu, maybe even more than me.

.

.

.

This school year won't be as boring as I thought it would be after all.

--