Volume 1 - Chapter 12

'Should I agree..? What will I even gain out of this if I helped her..?' As I was thinking to myself, Kaori suddenly interrupted me from my thoughts.

"Err--- Is such a thing even possible...?" 

"T-true.., Horikita-chan won't even become friends with Kiyotaka-kun at all." Karma said as he scratches his head with a very complicated expression. But somehow, I can tell that he is indirectly telling her to "F*ck off". Honestly, I would do the same.

"Nothing is Impossible!" Kushida declares confidently. I took a peek at my classmates and saw both of them with a 'Are You Serious..?' look.

"W-well.., Sorry to disappoint you Kushida-san.., But I have to refuse. I'm not sure about Kiyo nor Akabane-kun but that is my answer."

"I agree with Hironaka-chan here.." 

".... Mind removing the honorific in my name?" Kaori said as she looks at Karma menacingly. Well, not too much but still menacing.

"Hahaha... Nope." Karma said laughing her request off. Kaori just looks at him wierdly and was about to say something but was interrupted by Kusida.

"C-can you at least tell the reason why..?" Hm? Her voice.., It seems like she is pissed or something. Why though? Was it because they refused?

"Why won't you go first? Akabane-kun?" 

"Why me?"

"Cause I said so." Kaori said crossing her arms, glaring at Karma. Karma just chuckles as he raised his right hand up.

"Well, first of all, What would I gain from helping you befriend Horikita-chan? Nothing. If I can't get anything.., What is the exact purpose of me helping you? Second, Why exactly should I help you? So unless you fill those, My answer would be no." Quite a logical answer. What he said was true.

If I won't gain anything from Kushida's plan, I wouldn't help her at all. Because if I don't win, then it won't even matter at all.

"... Unexpectedly, my reason is the same as his." Kaori answers as she smiles at Kushida.

"Altough, if you were to ask for other things that are more important, I'll probably help. But I'll pass for now. Thank you for you offer, Kushida-san, but I refuse." 

"W-what about you..? Ayanokouji-kun..?" Akabane looked at me as if he was expecting for me to refuse, but Kaori looked at me smiling, as if she expected what I was planning.

"I mean, sure.." I said quietly and Akabane looks at me in surprise.

"Ayanokouji? You serious?!" 

"You lost the game, Karma." I said as I slightly smirk when he finally realized what he said.

"Dang it...." He said as he cried Imaginary Tears(?). Kushida looks at me happily as I accepted her offer.

"R-really?! Thanks! Ayanokouji-kun! I owe you one!" 

--

*Hironaka POV*

I knew it... He was planning something. He would never do something that wouldn't benefit him. But what is it?

If it was only related to Kushida, no doubt he would agree. But Horikita is included in this whole plan.., Why would he accept it if he was targeting Kushida only? Is it one of those developing stages?

*Sigh* Nevermind, I won't think too much of it for now... It's his plan, if he doesn't plan on involving me in it then that's fine too. He could handle it for himself.