Volume 3 - Chapter 9

"What do you want, Karma..?"

"W-well..." Karma trailed off, nervously staring at the two monsters who were glaring at his very soul. But even with this, he nervously swallowed the lump in his throat and answered.

"... I won't tell anyone, as long as you tell me what happens after. Tell me what happened to Karuizawa-san by then. After that, I promise you that I wouldn't tell anyone." Kiyotaka and Kaori gave each other a look, before nodding at one another, as if confirming their decision.

Although Karma had been known as the Class Clown of Class B, his voice was laced with seriousness, indicating that he indeed meant what he said.

Going with this, Kiyotaka started making more speculations on his computer-like mind. Why is Karma doing this? He could've spread this information to the class and people would easily lose trust in both of them.

Kiyotaka was confident that even without Kiyotaka or Kaori, Class B could maintain it's position, so why? It was then a single answer clicked onto his head, gaining a smirk from Kiyotaka.

"Very well, I'll tell you. However, make sure to keep your mouth shut about this very situation. Or else, I should see it for yourself that you no longer can talk." Kiyotaka threatened, to which Karma nodded at and left hastily as he no longer can handle the burning glare of Kaori.

It was honestly far worst than an assassin's, that one.

"Did you have it, Kaori?"

"Mhm.. Of course, no one can easily disturb our school-life. Especially when it was just starting to get fun." Kaori said as she bought out her phone, indicating that she had been recording this very conversation.

Should Karma babble about this situation to others, this recording ensures that even if Kaori and Kiyotaka were to go down, Karma would also be dragged down.

It was a lose-lose situation for them.

"With this, our current predicament should be fixed, right? Kiyo?"

"Right. I'll leave now, Kaori. Make sure that no one can interrupt my talk with Karuizawa-san, can you, Kaori?" Kiyotaka asked as she gave Kaori a subtle glance, indicating thaf he was finally starting his move against Class E.

"Right." Kaori replied with a smile as she waved him off. It was then at this moment, Kaori understood.

Class E will be broken the moment the ship returns to the School. And thus, one Class can finally get off their asses for a while.

--

"... Now if I'm right.. They should be right around here..." Kiyotaka muttered to himself. He is being extra quiet in the lower decks of the ship.

He exactly didn't effort to make himself quiet, he can do that as easy as breathing. But he is paying attention deeply to his surroundings, especially since this is a very dangerous place.

"--Well, I suppose this is the perfect opportunity. Let me introduce you. This is Rika. Do you remember her, Karuizawa-san?” A 'kind voice' echoed through the eerily quiet deck. Kiyotaka slightly stopped im his tracks as he tried to locate the origin of the voice.

The voice belonged to a girl, that much Kiyotaka was able to deduce. However, he cannot identify which one of Karuizawa's attackers might this be.

“Hey, Rika. Karuizawa-san was the one who shoved you, right?”

'Rika..? Rika Morofuji.. That's a girl from Class D.. Then that means the other three are...' Kiyotaka trailed off at his thoughts as he started walking again, albeit this time, a bit more slowly.