A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp 4

Chapter 4

The next morning I walked into the maid dining room and caught everybody staring at me. I felt awkward but after coming up with no reason as to why they would be staring at  me I decided to brush it off. Who cared what a bunch of attention seeking whores thought? I took a seat around the table and tried to concentrate on my breakfast.

"Xia please remember that your lunch break is at 12 and you are not expected to run off with the Master's children anytime before then. Also if you miss lunch don't expect the day to wait for you. You'll go without food until dinner; unless we have a repeat of yesterday in which case you might just have to go without." Jazelle said with a spitefully polite smile.

"Sure no problem." I said returning that spiteful smile.

She rolled her eyes then walked further down the table to speak to another maid about something I couldn't care less about.

Suddenly the door to the dining hall burst open. "Xia!"

My head sunk to the table as I tried making myself invisible. Not now, it was too early! I looked to Jazelle and saw her give me a dirty look. I hid my face as I heard their footsteps running down the hall. Why me? Seriously.

"Xia!"

"Xia!"

They got to where I was sitting and began tappping either shoulder incessantly. I could hear some of the maids laughing in hushed tones and I knew exactly why. They were happy that I was the one being tormented by these two and not them. I looked over at them hoping my annoyace was clearly portrayed. "What?"

"Father wants to speak with you right now." They both said before giggling.

I glanced over at the maids who were now all looking at me with the same dirty look that Jazelle had given me earlier.

"Tell him I'm busy." I said, turning back to my plate. I was surrounded by gasp after gasp. What was so surprizing. Had no one ever told his royal arrogance that he had to wait because they wouldn't drop whatever they were doing just for him? I looked over at the twins who both stared at me in shock.

"But father,"

"Wants you now."

"Well go tell him that he can't have me right now and that if he cares to speak to me he will have to catch me at my next break." The room was instantly filled with whispers. What was so fascinating? The two giggled at each other again before running out of the hall. I looked over at everyone and saw them staring at me again only this time they seemed more shocked than annoyed. Well if they wanted to let him walk all over them they could but I refused to. Afterall the only reason I'm here is because of a stupid busted back end on a European car. It's not like I needed this job specifically and if I had a choice I would have quit in a heart beat.

The door sswung open at a leisurely pace and the lovely Mr. Arrogant strutted in as if the world belonged to him. For some reason all the maids went into a line and once acknowlege they all said, "Good morning Master Caleb, Young Master Caleb, Lady Susan." He nodded in his disgustingly arrogant way then walked over to me.

"Weren't you taught any manners?" I gave him an incedulous look. "Let me rephrase, what must you say when your master enters the room?"

"Leave."

"Cute, now rise and address me."

"What?! Just how important do you think you are?! Since you walked into the room and saw me it's only common courtesy for you to make the first greeting, or weren't you taught any manners?"

From the orner of my eyes I could see the maids exchange shocked looks. Caleb's lips curled intoa wicked smile. "I simply wanted to ask that you allow my children to study today without interferring with their Governor's class but because of your insolence you've earned some time in room 42." The room turned eerily silent. I found my eyes wandering around the room trying to grasp exactly how serious the whole room 42 thing was. I looked down hoping the twins would come in handy for once but even they seemed too shocked to speak. I reluctantly faced Caleb again and saw his spiteful yet oddly seductive smile spread across his face. "I expect you there right after your shift ends tonight and if you don't know where it is then ask the children." Then he turned, held out his hands which his children took and all three left the room.