A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp 20

Chapter 20 

It had been nearly a week since Lady Sarah had been asked to leave the manor and well I couldn't say that things had changed by much. I almost couldn't even tell that she was gone at one point. You would also never be able to tell that Caleb had just lost his wife. It was like he didn't care . . .

"Guys pick up your toys or you'll make the maid cleaning your room annoyed."

"But it's"

"There job. . ."

 I sighed and I was about to tell them that they were being spoiled brats again when the door swung open slowly. Susan and Little Caleb looked to the door in annoyance. These days their patience had become very limited and their tempers had shrunk. 

Even if they weren't surprized I was surprized to see that it was Jazelle who had entered.

"Don't you know,"

"That you should knock first?" 

They said, clearly in no mood for her company. That was strange, when had they developed that policy? They barged in at a whim and hell I just walked in whenever I felt like it. I looked at them with a raised eyebrow before looking over at Jazelle. I wondered how she would react. I was shocked when I saw her take on a meek expression. What the hell . . .?

"My apologies, please forgive. I just came to check if either of you would like anything."

"If we needed something,"

"Then we would ask Xia to get it."

They said nonchalantly without even looking at her. What game was she trying to play anyway? 

"Oh well I suppose that's true since she's your nanny but I mean in general, feel free to call on me at anytime. I'm here for you guys." Was she for real? The twins looked at each other for a moment as if comtemplating whether or not they should have responded to her These days  their patience had shrunk and they weren't as approachable. I saw her fidget nervously as she waited for their reply. I saw the two exchange that mischevously look that they usually had.

"Well okay,"

"If you want to. . ."

The paused and then turned to her with a deceptively innocent smile. "Will you play with us?" They asked in unison. If I didn't know any better I would have thought that they sounded absolutely adorable. I rolled my eyes. If Jazelle fell for their little act then she was an ass.

"Sure." She said with a burst of enthusiam that couldn't possibly have been anymore fake. The two jumped up.

"Follow us. Bye Xia we're tired of you now. We're gonna go hang out with her now."

"Oh you can just call me Jazelle."

Then they left the room. I sat on Susan's bed and waited, knowing all too well that they would be back, but not necessarily with Jazelle. As I sat there I couldn't help but wonder what she had hoped to gain from befriending them. 

I took exactly ten minutes for the two to return to the room and as expected they didn't return with Jazelle. I raised a questioning eyebrow at the two.

"We lost her somewhere after,"

"The third hall to the right Gallo in the east wing."

My eyes bulged. Had they really travelled that far just to lose her? They bot shrugged nonchalantly at my reaction then went back to what had oringinally occupied their time. I shook my head and went back to lying on the bed and losing myself ing my own thoughts. Hopefully the twins' stunt taught Jazelle that whatever game she was playing she needed to stop.