A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp 18

Chapter 18

How long had we been sitting there . . .?

Time slowly passed by without me taking much notice. My mind was too preoccupied with the little distance that separated me from Caleb. He sat with his head leaned against my chest but he didn't say a word. It began to scare me but I didn't want to speak, incase he got angry all over again. I sucked in a deep breath as he began to trace his fingers along my shoulder and down my arms. At the moment I didn't know how to respond.

"Where are the twins?" He mumbled against my neck. The sensation had me shivering.

"I-In their room . . ."

"Good . . ." He muttered.

"W-Why?"

Without answering he began covering my neck with kisses. Apart of me wanted to protestt and I almost did. My lips parted to speak but he quickly captured them. I don't know how what happened next happened but somehow my arms wrapped around his next, pulling him closer than possible. While the kiss raged on a almost unnoticeable voice was screaming in my head, ordering me to stop, threatening me as it seemed to grow more desperate.

Caleb pulled away suddenly. I looked at him with a looked of bemusement. I was actually disappointed that he had done that, hopefully it didn't show. He eased me off his lap, took a second look at me then he simply hurried out of the room.

I sat in there for a little while longer after he left just thinking about what had just happened. That kiss was more than a simple kiss of attracction, it held something deeper. It almost felt like he was pleading with me but for what . . .? My mind attempted to make sense of it all but I stopped it. The less I worked out the less complicated it would all be in the end. That actually sounded rather appealing. Quenching my thirsty desire without taking in poison. I was definitely up for that. Sadly life was rarely ever like that and I knew that so I didn't know why I sat there trying to lower myself into a false sense of security. 

Decided that thinking had become unhealthy I got up and figured I would make myself busy again. Even though I wasn't a maid anymore I still felt a need to clean in order to clear my head. While walking along the hallway I straightened anything that looked out of place. Before I knew it I was infront of Lady Sarah's room door. I paused because I could have sworn that I had heard Jazelle's voice coming from behind the door. Gosh, don't tell me she was already trying to get comfortable in Lady Sarah's room, I mean the lady wasn't even gone yet. I knew she was low but even this was below her level.

"I tell you, that maid was nothing buut trouble from the moment she arrived, Personally I never liked her, there was something about her that put me off." I heard her say. Hm . . .so she had company.

"I should have known she was no good from the moment she began snooping around my room." Lady Sarah? She sounded like she had been crying. . .

"Yes indeed, why I remembering walking down a hall in the east wing and hearing some rather unholyy words. When I threw open the door it was none other than that little slut. She's been after the Master for awhile now."

WHAT?!

"Ugh that is disgusting, some people just can't be trusted huh Jazelle? I mean other than you I don't know of any maid I here that I can honestly feel comfortable leaving Caleb around."

My eyes bulged wide at her ludicrous statement. She couldn't have possibly been serious! Of all the maids I was positive that Jazelle was the one who saw the most of Caleb. This was so stupid. I felt like beating the door down then giving Lady Sarah the true story but at the last second my common sense kicked in. Lady Sarah would never believe me, she already hated me and for me to tell her that someone she trusted so much was sleeping with her man would have only made her resent me even more.