A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp 8

Chapter 8

---Xia's POV---

When my eyes finally opened me eyes I could tell that the sun had long been in the sky. I turned slightly and realized that Little Caleb and Susan were asleep on either side of me. I could have sworn that they had gone back to their room. I sighed as I carefully stretched. i had definitely been sleeping too long. Which made me wonder . . . why hadn't Jazelle woken me. I'm sure that she would have enjoyed finding some annoying way of making me get up. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

Glancing over at the small clock on my night table i felt my heart leap into my chest. It was already after 12! Crap! Oh crap! There was no way that I would be able to clean all my rooms by 6. I was doomed . . .

"Alright guys get up. You made me sleep in so you're both gonna help me get my work done." I said as I began nugding them. Susan woke, then Caleb.

"But it's,"

"Still early."

"Uh no it's not. It's after noon!"

"Whoa!" They shouted in unison as they both shot up. "Mommy's gonna kill us!" With that they both jumped from the bed and ran from the room without so much as a 'goodbye'. So that was it? They would get me in trouble leave? God I was started to hate those children. I sighed then got dressed. Lunch wouldn't be an option and if I didn't work fast enough then neither would dinner.

An hour later while walking through the hall I heard a few maid's talking in a room that I was meant to clean. Well I guess I had all right to be in there, but I played it smart. I stood outside to listen, knowing fully well that they would simply have left if I had walked in.

"Guys that new maid has officially gotten on my nerves."

"I know right, I mean who does she think she is?"

How unexpected, they were talking about me; truly shocking. I rolled my eyes but continued listening.

"She thinks she's so cute with her little teenage poverty act. She even has the master's sympathy. I can't believe that he let her sleep. What about the rest of us? Doesn't he think that we're tired too?"

Wow . .. so Caleb knew that I was still asleep? H-He knew and he let me continue sleeping? Why ...?

"We should just hold her down one of these days and give her what she deserves."

"Yeah." A bunch of them said. Oh my gosh they were planning against me! I walked into the room instantly, almost as if it were out of pure reflexes and they stopped talking. I looked at a few of them and caught them giving me dirty looks as they walked out of the room. I stood still for a moment after they were gone. I couldn't believe that they wanted to hurt me. What had I ever done to them? I mean it wasn't like I intentionally ran into the back to Caleb's car just so I could get free boarding to escape the harsh reality of the adult. Infact given the choice I would have left from the very moment I had gotten here.

I decided to esrae them from my mind and get back to work and at around 6: 30 I was able to get my last room cleaned.

I walked back to the dining room knowing fully well that there was no way that the dinner would be finished in half an hour. It was the biggest meal they provided afterall. Entering the room I noticed that almsot every eye had fallen on me. I walked over to an empty seat and looked down. This was definitely awkward. For a moment the room fell silent and that made me look up. When I did I sa Jazelle walking slowly towards me; she looked pissed but I couldnt' understand why.

"So you think that you ca just sleep the day away then have dinner when you're done huh?" She asked as she stood directly infront of me.

"What? No I finishe-"