Epilogue

Alittle beginner's note:

I am tried of writing about weddings so unless by some miracle my mind goes mad by the end of my typing don't expect to see one. Sorry, but the whole wedding idea's just not coming. I'm drawing a blank on that matter. I hope you guys still enjoy it though.

Chapter 26

It had been a month since the whole kidnapping ordeal that had left everyone shaken up. The first few days after it flew by uneventfully with Caleb. The Manor was actually a buzz and only came back to life after he had returned home. Now a couple weeks prior to all this I wouldn't have seen the point in boosting his ego by giving him such a celebration for simply coming home but now even I was caught up in it. 

I don't now how but over the course of the time I was here I ended up falling for Mr. Arrogant.

Today I was on my way to the lake. Caleb wanted me to meet him and the twins for lunch out there. He said he had some things to talk about and I was more than alittle curious as to what they were. I tried asking the twins but they seemed just as clueless. 

When I got to the lake I saw that not only was Caleb there but so were the twins. They jumped up as soon as I was close enough and ran to me.

"Xia!" They screamed. 

"Daddy said,"

"He said that he,"

"Has good news!"

I looked over at Caleb with a look of playful curiosity. He smiled. "Have a seat and you'll know what it is." I sighed, in fake Impatience.  I took a seat on the blanket and the twins sat on either side of my lap. Both stared over at him anticipating some sort of extraodinary news, like an early christmas. I had to admit that I was just as anxious to hear what he had to say because he now held that look that said he was inside on a some form of awesome news that he knew would make everyone happy. 

"Well . . .?" I asked, after realizing that he was quite content with simply sitting there and staring at us.

His smile widened as he looked down at the two who were squirming about. "Hey guys what do you think about getting a new mom?" He asked, full of enthusiam. I sighed. We had spoken about this already and I told him that they were uninterested. Why did he want them crushing my feelings again by saying that they didn't want anyone, so ofcourse that included me, being their new mom. I braced myself internally for the shock that I was about to feel from hearing them say it again. I mean the first time they said it it hurt. I thought we had developed a close enough relationship but I had been wrong and Caleb was wrong to ask now.

"Daddy." Susan began whine. I knew it.

"We don't want a new mommy." Caleb said. He began playing with a lock of my hair without looking over at his father.

"We like how things are now. . ."

Yup, stung just as badly the second time. "You see Caleb. Like I already told you. They don't want a new mother in their lives--"

He raised his hand signalling for me to stop speaking. I did but not because of the signal. I was shocked that he had actually tried quieting me down like that. I raised an eyebrow at him to show that I was offended. He smiled at me. "Just hold on a minute, please?" His tone wasn't demanding, it sounding like a request, a sincere one too. Now that I wasn't use to. "He smiled down at the two. This time the smille looked like a challenge. "Not even if your new mommy was Xia?" My eyes bulged wide. They would probaby hate me now, thinking that I was trying to smuggle my way in. The two jumped up instantly. Their bacs were turned to me so I couldn't see their expression.

"Are you serious?!"

"Xia's gonna be our new mommy?!"

They sounded positively incredulous. Was it really that strange to imagine? I saw Caleb smile as he nodded to them. The swung around to face me. That was when I saw the smiles plastered across their faces.

"YAY!!!"

The two jumped on me, knocking me to the floor. Both began showering me with kissing as she squeezed me. 

"Wow this is awesome!"

"Xia's gonna be our mommy!"

I could hear Caleb chuckle. "Alright you two, she'll need to be alive to be your mom, ease up." The two giggled and let me go. I sat up and was greeted immediately by a box containing a ring. My eyes bulged wide. Caleb beamed as he looked over at me. "Xia Cameron, would you do me the honour of marrying me?" I blinked twice searching my vocabulary for that word that was a ppropriate for my response. What was it ? "I promise to make you the happiest woman in the world, I'll treat you right. You won't have to worry about lust being the forerunner in the relationship, I genuinely want to be with you. Your smile, your laugh, everything about you is just so intoxicating. I can't imagine not having you as my wife." I continued staring at him, thinking the whole time just how nice it would havve been to remember that word. He continued staring over at me waiting.

"That look means yes daddy." Susan said.

"Really? How do you know that?" He asked.

"Because whenever we ask her to do something and she wants to say yes but she knows we'll get in trouble she gives us that look."

"That's how we know it's okay to do stuff."

I had a look now?!

He pulled me over to him and held him in my arms. "So can I take that as a yes?" He asked with an eyebrow raised seductively. I smiled up at him.

"What do you think?" I asked pulling his face to mine. We locked lips instantly. 

"Ew."

"Gross."

We pulled apart. I had honestly forgotten that they were sitting there. This proved my theory; they chose the absolute worst times to interrupt everything. The two started lauging at me when I glared over at them. I was enjoying that kiss. 

"Alright now that the main event is over, let's eat." Caleb said. The twins retook their seats in my lap and waited to be served. I didn't mind. I was already seeing the rest of my life with them; with our little family. This was probably how the rest of my life would turn out and if that was the case then I couldn't wait. What had started out as a horrible situation turned into exactly what I needed; a family that would love me.

Caleb handed me a glass of champagne and gave the twins fruit juice. "I'd like to make a toast." 

"A toast!" The two echoed. "Toast!" We all raised out glasses. 

"To getting a new mother." Caleb said putting his glass higher.

"No, to the start of a new family and the beginning of life."

Caleb smiled. "Cheers."

Our glasses knocked together. I could help but smile. This was it. The beginning of forever. . .