A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp11

Chapter 11

"Susan . . . come here sweetie . . ."

I stretched my hands out to receive her and tried coaxing her into crawling over to me so I could pull her out; though by the looks of it she didn't seem to want to come out. I was in somewhat of the same situation when I was younger. I didn't want anyone but my mommy and everything seemed scarier . . .I watched her as she stared down at my hands but she made no movement towards us.

"Susan what's wrong?" Little Caleb asked, clearly not comprehending what had happened to his sister. She looked over at him with hollow eyes that told me that she wasn't entirely looking at him. Caleb took a step closer to her but she flinched then went further into the vent.

"No, no come back, it's just us. Your brother and I. No one here will hurt you . . ." She gave me a doubtful smile before taking a crawl towards us. Okay, we were making progress, that was good. I extended my arm once more for her to take hold off and this time she slowly reached forward to take it. We were so close too when suddenly:

"Susan are you around here?!"

Susan grabbed back her hand immediately and retreated farther down the vent. Now she was barely visible. The only thing that told me she was still there was the faint glow of her night gown against the dim light in the vent. I looked to the top of the hallway and saw both Caleb and Lady Sarah walking our way.

"Have you found her?" Lady Sarah asked. I was about to tell her no so they coul keep walking and let Susan come out but then Little Caleb had to open his big mouth.

"Yes mother, she's in this vent." He said pointing to Susan's hiding place. Caleb and Lady Sarah immediately ran over to us while being completely preoccupied with the vent that held there daughter.

"Suzie, it's daddy, come on out." Caleb tried. We all heard shuffling inside the vent then Susan was gone. Lady Sarah pushed us out of the way then she stuck her head into the vent.

"Sweet heart it's alright, mommy's right here. Don't be afraid come on." Lady Sarah said. It sounded like a plea. We waited but we didn't hear any movements. Lady Sarah sighed then leaned against the wall. "What's wrong with my little girl?" The question seemed more directed at herself than us.

"She said that someone made her bleed." Caleb said innocently. Both his parents looked down at him with wide eyes, neither seeming to believe what they just heard. Lady Sarah gave out a sob before putting her hands to her mouth and crying softly. I watched, uneasily, as Caleb took her into his arms and began stroking her back soothingly as she leaned into his chest. That sight reminded me of something I had been trying to over look. They were married and even if it wasn't consistent they still cared for each other and prehaps the love was still there but simply hard to find. . .

I discreetly made my exit from that hall and headed back to my room. They were Susan's parents so if anyone would be able to get her out of the vent it would them. Back in my room I locked the door then through myself on my bed.

This was wrong. I shouldn't have those feelings. He was married and I knew that, not to mention the fact that he was cold and arrogant. When I thought about it he shouldn't have been as appealing as he was , so why . . . ?

There was a clap of thunder that sent me scrambling under my covers. This was a horrible night, I couldn't wait for it to end. Atleast with a new day I would be too pre-occupied with work to care. I wouldn't have to think of the way Caleb held Lady Sarah while she cried unto his chest--no I definitely didn't need that image in my head. I ended up not getting sleep that nigt, partially because of the thunder and partially because of my mind being obsessed with the image that I so desperately wanted to forget.