A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp 19

Chapter 19

I hurried from the room in time to see Little Caleb head around the corner of the hall. I ran to catch up with him. When I caught up to him I could see the anger in his eys, but I also saw hurt.

"Hey kiddo wait up, can we talk."

He shrugged. I would take that as a yes. I gestured for him to sit then we both took a seat on the floor with our backs to the wall. I sighed as I tried thinking of something to say.

"I still don't see why he's being so mean to mother." He sounded just as stubborn as his father.

"Well . . .think of it this way . . .let's say I bought you a . . .um . . .a pet bird---"

"I hate birds." Okay then.

"Right, ofcourse you do, okay, so let's pretend I bought you a fish--"

"Fish are food not pets."

I felt my finger twitch. He was intentionally being difficult. "Alright, so let's just say that I bought you a damn puppy---I don't give a crap whether or not you like the little muts, just shut up and listen!" He was about to interrupt so I had to shout. "Now, let's say that you've had the puppy for. . .for a long time an dyou let it sleep in you bed, and eat your food and whenever it bit you or broke your toys you still loved it." He opened his mouth to speak but I gave him a warning glare. He shut his mouth instantly. "I thought so. Now imagine that one day Susan comes over and she starts playing with your puppy then all of a sudden you notice that the puppy doesn't love you anymore." If he  was anything like his father he was about to trap himself with his own words. All I had to do was phrase what I had to say correctly. "Everytime you call it barks at you, when it sees Susan it licks her all over and it no longer plays with you, what would you do with that puppy?"

I would kill it." He said indifferently. "If it wants to abandon me then I would teach it a lesson."

I got him. Yup he was definitely his father's son.

"Well it's the same with your parents."

His eyeborws crinkled in confusion. "How so?"

"You father brought your mommy here and he loved her and shared his house and his stuff then one day she found another persons and soon she stopped showing him the same love." He stared straight ahead and remained silent. "Just like you would, your father got angry and decided to punish her. It's not that he's  not a man, it's just that he sometimes gets himself too angry for his own good. You have to understand that he loved your mother and when she loved someone else it hurt him."

"So . . .it's mother's fault . . .?"

"Honestly Little Caleb I try not o pass judgements." How could I when I was no better? "If you want to think that it's her fault then that's up to you but you ca't stay mad. If you do it will eat out your heart then you'll be like---like a zombie or something!" I said animatedly. He giggled.

"No I won't."

"Oh yeah, you wanna bet?"

"Nah, I'll take your word for it. Besides, being angry takes too much energy." He got up. "Say, Xia, do you think that Father would get me a puppy?"

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Why not?"

"You'd kill it."

He stuck his tongue out at me playfully then ran down the hall and towards his room. I could only hope he was joking about that puppy because between him and his sister the poor thing would indeed die and not necessarily intentionally either.