A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp 13

Chapter 13

My eyes opened slowly as a bright light hit them. I slowly sat up and that was when I realized that I was in Caleb's room. The bright light was a result of one of the maids drawing apart the curtains. I squinted, covering the bright light that was now giving me a headache. The maid turned to me as soon as she realized that I was awake.

"Master Caleb would like you to meet him in his study the moment you become concious."

 I groaned. I remembered fainting in his hands. Oh no, he was probably going to give me grief about not taking care of myself, eating specifically. I didn't want to go. The maid kept staring at me as if she expected something. I sighed.

"Yes I'll leave right away."

She nodded then got back to work.

I got up and felt my head spin. The sudden dizziness made me fall back unto the bed. The maid dropped her feather duster and ran over to me, placing her hand at my back to support me.

"Are you alright?"

"Um yeah this happens all the time." I said before trying to get up again. She helped me up and this time I took my own sweet time in getting to the door. I took  deep breath then left the room. On my way to Caleb' study I heard a few maids locked in a room talking. I wasn't going to stop but then I heard m name and simply couldn't help myself. 

"Hey did you guys hear about here latest stunt?"

"Yeah, who is she trying to fool with that fainting act of hers? It's obvious that she just wants the master's attention."

"The little bitch."

Wow it was always so wonderful to hear what my fellow maids had to say about me. It just always made my day. I continued walking as if I hadn't heard anything and soon came to Caleb's study. He sat in his chair and was facing the window which made me wonder how he knew that I had entered.

"Have a seat."

His tone made me feel uneasy. What if, just like me he heard the maids talking and thought that I really was faking it. I took a seat on the opposite end of the room and waited for him to speak. We ended up sitting in silence for what seemed like hours.

 I cleared my throat, unable to take the silence any longer. He turned and faced me.

"What did you hve for breakfast yesterday?"

"I--uh" The question caught me off guard, "Nothing, I guess . . ." I finally admitted.

"Well what about dinner, what did you eat the night before?"

"Uh--well that night I was busy working--"

"How could you be so busy that you would neglect eating? Do you know the implications of such an act?"

"But I--"

"No you don't get to talk right now.  You think that I don't know what you're doing?"

Oh no . . ."Caleb what are you talkin--"

"I said to stop talking, didn't I?" He stare was icy. I gave an audible gulp as I sunk in m seat. Why the hell was he so steamed? "Now listen carefully. I have strict rules about meal times in this Manor and one of them is that no matter what God forsaken thing you're doing, whenever the bells are sounded you stop and ac accordingly." i opened my mouth to protest but he raised his hand. "Furthermore those late night cleaning sessions that you've been engaged need to end. I can't have you wearing yourself out because that could put me in some serious legal problems." I rolled my eyes. It figured the bastard was just trying to keep his name clean. In the end he was still the same.