A Maid For Mr. Arrogant- chp 12

Chapter 12

 I spent another sleepless night staring out at nothing as thoughts about Susan and that creep getting rushing back to my memory. I was beating myself in the head wondering why I was being so selfish. I mean I kept saying that she was a little girl and she didn't deserve it so why wasn't I willing to put an end to it? The worst part was that I knew the answer to my own question . . . I was scared. . .

At the first sign of day I crept out of my bed, threw on my uniform and headed down to the dining hall. I wasn't exactly hungry but I knew that Caleb would only try force feeding me again if he found out that I was skipping out on all my meals.

 As I walked into the dining hall I noticed several of the maids staring at me. I rolled my eyes then took my seat. What reason could they possibly have for staring at me?

"Xia are you alright, you seem paler." One of the maids asked.

'Yeah, I'm fine." I said forcing a smile. Why would she care?

"Hey now that you mention it she does look abit on the off side. What do you think Jazelle?" Jazelle hardly looked at me before turning back to whatever it was she was doing.

"She looks fine enough to work."

Ofcourse I would.  I decided that I wouldn't make a big deal about it so I bit my tongue an looked straight ahead.  Looking to the door I caught Lady Sarah and Adrian walking by. As he passed he glanced inside. His eyes caught mine and he gave a menacing smirk before he continued  on. I felt the blood leave my face. Him doing that made me worry about the decision I had to make. I wanted to help Susan, really I did but I wasn't willing to do it.

I remember crying myself t sleep almost every night, either because of what daddy had done abit earlier or because I was remembering what he had done. 

But . . .wasn't that exactly why I had to help her . . .? When I thought about it I realized that it would have been cruel to let her suffer through what I went through. I took a deep breath knowing that I would regret this.

"Hey were are you going?" Another asked as I got up from my seat. Why did they suddenly care about what happened to me? This was weird and it was starting to creep me out. All the more reason to hurry out of there. I made my way to the door and headed down to the twins' room but before I could get there I was intercepted by Adrian.

"W-what'd you want  . . . ? I asked, stepping back slowly.

"Only to remind you that if you even so much as breath a word about this to anyone you and me will have an appointment, if you know what I'm saying." he said as he began twirling a lock of my hair. I felt myself freeze. Would I really subject myself to this again? Especially for a little girl who did nothing but make my life miserable from the moment I got here? When I thought about it I had to be mad to want to help her. Maybe now she wouldn't find as much pleasure in bothering me and she would simply leave me alone. And if she left me alone then Caleb would too. It all became so clear. I just needed to clear things up and now that they were in the right perspective I could move on. 

"I said I wouldn't tell and I mean it."

He smirked. "Good girl." Then he walked back to wherever he had come from. I took a deep breath then continued on my way. I might as well had still gone there because I would have to clean it at some point today and I as already on my way.

I walked into the room and nearly jumped back. Little Caleb was sitting on the floor next to his toy box, with everything scattered on the floor. He looked like a restless soul looking to occupy it's time. I watched as he picked up one toy, played with it  or well swung it around abit, then drop it and found a new one. How sad.