Chapter 7- Talkin' and Prankin'

That night, we all layed on the couch watching gory horror movies. The first movie we watched was one of the Saw movies. I was laughing my ass off at every gory scene. Dave had already fallen asleep and one of his hands were hanging off the side of the L-shaped couch. 

Ryan, uncle Johnny, and Chris were sitting on the long part of the couch, relaxing and drinking a couple of beers. Steve-O, Bam and I sat on the floor, watching the movie. 

I leaned my head back and accidentally hit someone's knee. 

"Sorry..." I mumbled and kept on watching the movie. 

"It's okay," hands gently pulled my shoulders to rest against their legs.

I turned my head to see Chris, his smiling face upside down in my vision. I smiled sweetly back and resumed watching the movie, my eyes glued to the screen as I watched someone cutting of their limbs and other parts of their body and placing them in a box to see whom's could weigh more. 

Suddenly, my head jolted up from its resting place as Chris grabbed his leg and rubbed it. 

"Ouch! What the hell Bam!" Chris exclaimed. 

"Hey! It wasn't me, it was Steve-O," Bam nodded over to Steve-O who had a sheepish grin on his face. 

"What's wrong, can't stand a small pinch on your leg, Pontius?" Steve-O taunted. 

"It's not that, I was just worried about Kitty's neck over here, I wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable," Chris stroked my hair slowly and creepily, sending chills down my spine. 

"Hey! Stop making her uncomfortable, you ass! And did you just call her Kitty?!" Steve-O slapped Chris' leg. 

I giggled at the stupidity Steve-O and Chris Pontius were accomplishing right now. I rolled my eyes and kept watching the movie. Now a lady was sitting on a hospital bed, crying and traumatized. Suddenly, a hand grabbed mine. I looked to my left and Bam looked me in the eyes. I could see his blue eyes look innocently into mine, as if he wanted me to accept his apology one more time, even if I had accepted it earlier. 

I squeezed his hand in response, and turned a deep red. I certainly hoped that no one saw us holding hands, or else. Steve-O and Chris were still arguing, now they were standing and were now lightly slapping and pushing each other, retorting each other's insults. 

"Move ya douchebags!" My uncle Johnny kicked Chris' butt, but he seemed to not notice. 

He then kicked harder, trying to get Chris' attention until he finally said, "Will you hurry up and move, I'm missing the best parts of the movie, and you and Steve-O here are arguing about Katie's neck?!" He seemed pretty pissed, now that I saw that his face was pretty damn serious, and that he looked pretty annoyed. 

I gawked at my uncle, surprised at his over-protectiveness. Or was he just annoyed? I shrugged to myself as Chris sat back down on the couch, embarrassed that my uncle was beginning to get angry with them. Steve-O sat back down beside me and we continued watching the movie until I whispered in Steve-O's ear, "What was that all about?"

Steve-O shrugged and we both resumed watching the movie. 

- - - 

As the screen went black and the move credits started to scroll up, I was the first one to jump up and turn on the lights. 

"Well, that was a great movie," I pretended to yawn, "I guess it's time for me to hit the hay!"

"Uh, Katie," Ryan looked at the time on his phone, "it's only seven."