Chapter 11- Sleepovers

As I shut the door of Ryan's hotel room, my heart pounded in my chest, just begging to jump out. Why was he staring at me? This is really starting to give me a weird feeling... As Robin and I made our way down the hall, she rambled on and on that she was still sorry for setting me up. "Still, I'm sorry that I had to set you up like this!" Her small shoulders slouched, giving me the impression that my apology wasn't enough. 

"Listen Robin," I stopped walking, “It’s okay! I don't get what you're so sorry about." We stood in the middle of the hallway, the carpeted floors looking a bit dim, a light flickering at the other end of the hallway. I felt like I was in one of those horror movies where at the end of the hallway, the lights would shut out and the darkness would get closer and closer and closer to you as a little girl walked in it, watching the person’s every move. 

I shivered in an eerie manner as Robin spoke in a low whisper, "Well, you see... I was worried that you know..." She fidgeted, taking the front of her shirt and bunching it up, wrinkling the soft fabric. 

"What?" I stared at her, waiting for an answer. 

She took my arm and pulled me down the hallway until we finally reached our room. She slid the keycard in and walked inside while I followed behind. Our suitcases sat in a corner by the window, with a breathtaking view of the nightlights of Phoenix and a backdrop of the purple mountains that made the view even better. Robin scrambled to the bed nearest to the window and pounced onto the huge bed. I smirked at her childishness. She sat up after rolling around in the sheets, pale pink lips turned upright, and dimples showing. 

"What did you need to tell me, Robin?" I asked skeptically with one raised eyebrow. 

Her smile immediately turned into a grimace. "What do you think of Chester?" She asked, twiddling her thumbs.

My face went red. "Well, you know, he's kind of an asshole for making me think that Bam actually died." 

Now it was Robin's turn to be skeptical. She crossed he arms at me with a don't-blame-it-on-him expression. "Oh alright, I admit that it wasn't totally his fault. It was Tremaine's, my uncle's— well just about everyone's. But I can't hold on to a grudge forever. I might as well let it go. I mean, they are jackasses, right?" We both giggled in affirmation of this statement. 

"You know that's not what I meant, Katie," Robin held her hand next to her cheek, as if she was trying to tell me a secret, "I meant, what do you think of him?" She winked. 

"Oh. You mean that kind of 'think,'" I replied flatly, "He's okay I guess. Not really my type. He's kind of scary though."

"Scary? How scary?"

"Well, you know how everyone set me up at the apartment?" I asked. Robin nodded. "Well, when he cornered me, he pretended to threaten me and he cut me." 

Robin gaped at me in horror, then smiled cleverly, "Wait, you're kidding, right?"

"No. I'm seriously not joking. Was this part of the act or something?" 

Robin shrugged, "I don't know. Didn't anyone see the blood?"

"Well, yeah. Steve-O and Bam did but I guess they forgot after they took me home after I escaped from Chester."

"Well, how could they forget? Wouldn't they remember?" 

"I don't know." I sighed in exasperation. "I'm tired."

"What? It's only eleven! Don't you want to stay up with me and watch some late night movies or something?"

 I shook my head, "Nah. It's okay. That prank really drained out my brain."