Chapter 15- Just Fooling Around

The room had suddenly grown silent. Time stood still. No one moved. I cupped my hand over my mouth and just sat there, unable to breathe.

"Guys... get under the table." I hissed.

My Uncle had tried to move, but was stopped when the masked man took his gun and pointed it at him. "Okay, buddy," he put his hands up, "I wasn't trying to start anything. Now, if you could--"

"Shut the fuck up! Now everyone take out their money and hand it over! Jewelry is also accepted, fuckers!"

As he went by to every table, I saw Bam take out his phone. "What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Trying to call the police," he murmured, "we can't risk you getting killed or hurt here!"

"Bam please... just put the phone away, and don't move a muscle or else--"

"Watcha got there?!" A raspy voice asked loudly.

"N-nothing..." I tried to lie, but it apparently hadn't worked, because he had already snatched the phone out of Bam's hands, toying with it.

The masked man glanced over at me, blue eyes sparkling. Wait. Blue eyes? I took a second take of his features. His eyes were blue, his skin was tanned. A bit of blond hair poked out at the nape of the mask.

I grabbed the mask and pulled it off the head of the one and only Brian Usher. "Brian!" I screamed, "What the hell are you doing?!" Brian took the gun and cocked the gun, and pulled the trigger. Before I knew it, blood was pouring out of my hand and onto my now soiled red dress. 

- - -

"Katie!" Steve-O waved a piece of salmon in front of my face.

"Oh wait, what?" I shook my head and stared at the piece of fish in front of my face. I grinned and took a bite out of it, chewing happily on the flavorful piece of fish.

"Did you space out again?" Steve-O asked and picked at a piece of rice with his chopsticks.

"No, of course not!" I laughed awkwardly, flushing a deep red. They all glared skeptically at me, wanting to know what I would say.

"Guys, I didn't space out about anything!" I insisted.

"Says the girl who's as red as a tomato?" Ryan retorted, cocking an eyebrow.

"Whatever..." I grumbled, stuffing another piece of sushi in my mouth.

- - -

After dinner, Brian had picked us up, and it was only around eight, so he dropped us off in the lobby while he went out with a few of his friends at a nearby bar; we all stayed at the hotel instead, drinking coffee, talking and fooling around for about an hour or two.

The guys were talking about the topic of girlfriends and boyfriends, which I found very awkward, considering the fact that Bam and Steve-O were glancing at me the whole time when they referred to the term girlfriend.

"So, what would you call your girlfriend then? 'Cuz honey sounds so cheesy." Ryan said.

"Okay, then how about hubby?" Bam suggested and glanced my way. I pretended not to notice his blue eyes trail their way up and down my body. Smiling, I looked another way to hide my facial expression, taking a sip of my coffee as an excuse. 

"Naw, it can't be hubby. That's if your husband and wife. Plus it sounds too mushy..." My Uncle said.

"What do you think, Katie?" My Uncle asked, his eyes looking straight at me.