Chapter 1- I've Won This Battle

"For Christ's sake, Ryan! Let me sit!" I hollered grumpily at the smiling, bearded man. Here I was, in a first class airplane with the Jackass celebrities and the rest of the crew. We hadn't lifted off yet, and it was already loud in here! I had somehow, by chance, managed to obtain a seat beside Ryan. The guy out of the others who I thought wasn't a handful. I sure did think wrong!

"Nah, I think I'm too lazy to move." He teased, snuggling comfortably into the white, leather chair.

"Since when were you so mean?" I grumbled, lifting up a small duffel bag into the over-head compartment. 

Ryan tossed his head back and chuckled, "You know I'm just joking right? Of course I'll let

you sit. I was jut teasing..." Ryan pat the seat next to him by the window.

I sighed as I sat down in the soft seat. "Ugh, this is probably the worst day of my life."

"Why?" Ryan cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Because," I paused, "...Bam's in jail. Come on Ryan, you know at least that, right?" I murmured softly.

"I know that, but there's more. I can tell that you're really down, Katie, but I'm guessing that it's not because he's in jail... is it?"

 "It's nothing," I shook my head, then glanced out the window, "It's nothing important at least."

Ryan shrugged, then rested his head back saying, "Alright then, if you need to talk, then just tell me."

Suddenly, a voice came onto the airplane speakers, "Hello, and this is your captain speaking..." I rolled my eyes at the voice, and continued to stare at the gravel outside of the airplane window, wondering what Bam was doing in jail.

I propped my chin up with my palm, and rested my elbow on the arm rest to my right. Ryan snored softly as the plane started to lift into the air. I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down and think. What am I going to do with Steve-O during the tour? I wished we would just be friends. I wish Bam was here. Even if I did start a relationship with one or the other, how is that going to affect my life? Will I eventually be dumped? Married? I took a deep breath in, then out, and massaged the bridge of my nose to think about my situation. 

My thoughts were interrupted when Ryan's arm wrapped around my neck, bringing me in close to his body. I was crushed into his chest, as he practically strangled me against him. I tried to pull back, but that only hurt my neck. "Ryan!" I whispered. "Ryan! Get your fat arm off me!" I spoke a little louder this time. He only groaned and crushed my tighter against his chest. Man, these guys sure love crushing me against them. I thought. 

A few minutes later, Ryan still had me crushed onto his chest, so I decided that struggling to get out of his grasp would be no different than trying to break my neck. I stopped struggling and just rested my head against his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat; calm, relaxing, soothing to my ears. My eyelids began to feel heavy; soon, I was consumed by a sleep that took me down into the darkness. 

- - -

What seemed like only five minutes of sleeping, I was woken when something wet but warm was poured onto my shoulder. I was in a groggy state, but was awake enough to shoe a hand away. I awoke, when I noticed that the liquid smelled acidic, and kind of like... urine? I jerked my head up immediately after sniffing the foul odor of the warm liquid that was poured onto me. "What the fuck." I growled under my breath. I stood from my seat--finally out of Ryan's grasp-- and made my way down our little isle of the plane. 

Everyone was sleeping, except for the one and only Jeff Tremaine. "Hey, did you see who poured this wet stuff onto me and Ryan?" I asked. 

"Nope." He replied blandly.