CHAPTER 8

"You know I have high expectations of you, right? Don't slack off, Shoto."

---

Kizune looked at her daughter in question, "The sports festival?"

Touka and her Mom was eating dinner in their table. The maids have eaten in their own room as well. Touka chewed on her steak and nodded, "Yep."

"It's tomorrow? But I didn't see you train at all."

"Because you're not always around," Touka mumbled merely more than a whisper.

"What was that?"

"I said I didn't train because it's tiring."

"Touka," Kizune sighed, "competitive or not, training is a must in competitions. I know well that you're not interested in this sports event. But try to at least get a grip of what you have in your hands."

"Mom," Touka interjected, "what if this event does matter to me? What if it's beneficial for a Miyazumi?"

"What are you saying?" Kizune raised a brow.

Touka stared at her mother with a desperate and determined look on her face, two words that were never often used to describe her whatsoever, "Once I get enough score or just win the whole competition, something great might just happen."

"Great?"

Touka smiled in an ambitious manner, taking her mother aback, "Meaning I can be a class 1-A student after all."

🐱

It was finally the day of the most important event of Touka's life: the UA Sports Festival. Honestly, she didn't think this event would matter so much to her. Damn, she hasn't even revealed her motive of getting into class A yet. What could be in her mind these past few days? And what has she prepared during those times of training?

"WHERE THE HELL IS MIYAZUMI?!"

In the class B waiting room, you could hear Tetsutetsu yelling like a damn Katsuki Bakugou. Not having Touka around has become the norm for them but during this type of event, she was still going to escape?

"Calm Down, Tetsutetsu. She's just probably late," Kendo reassured. Tetsutetsu shrugged his anger with a carton of milk while Kendo viewed the whole room in search of a certain white-headed girl.

She sighed.

Where could she be at a time like this?

Meanwhile, in the class A waiting room...

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"

"Why do you keep asking me the same question? I said it, I'm here to cheer a few people on."

"BITCH!"

"Crybaby asshole."

Kaminari and the others were surrounding Bakugou in an attempt to calm him down while Kirishima apologized to Touka on his friend's behalf.

"Sorry about that, Touka-chan."

"It's fine. Good luck out there, Kirishima," Touka winked. She then turned to Midoriya was who beside her, "You too, Midoriya."

Midoriya blushed and stammered, "O-Of course, I-I'll do my-y be-s-st!"

Touka laughed at the green-haired boy. She continued cooing at Midoriya's cuteness, not until a certain male caught her attention, for the first time after barging into the class 1-A room a couple of times.

Sitting on one of the seats was Shoto Todoroki.

"Shoto!"

Everyone gasped.

"S-Shoto?"

Todoroki looked at the smiling Touka with a poker face. No one actually really knew that he was stopping himself from looking at her way. He was desperate of looking away from her. But she called him by his first name by the way and thus, it was his cue to direct his attention at her.

"You know I have high expectations of you, right?" Touka smirked, "Don't slack off, Shoto."

There was silence in the room as Todoroki stared at her features quietly. Those words, he remembered them as the same words from when they were kids. It brought him back to the old times. And as old times, of course, including the bad time.

"Hn."

Todoroki could never forget the only bad thing that separated them apart.

"You're friends with Todoroki?" Kirishima asked out of curiosity, earning a sigh from the white-haired girl, "We were friends."

"What happened?" Midoriya joined in, just as curious as Kirishima. The fact that she was friends with Todoroki made her twice times more interesting.

Did the Miyazumis have a relationship with the Todorokis?

"And who is this beautiful lady?"

Touka flinched when she felt her hand being held by another. It turned out to be another guy with corn-yellowish hair. She blushed lightly when he placed a soft kiss on her hand, making the other boys gasp.

"K-Kaminari!" Midoriya burst out.

Kaminari smiled at Touka and said, "So you were the damsel in distress?"

"More like 'the girl who almost died'. Hah, Leviosa," Touka chuckled to herself, confusing the others.

"It's a good thing that I, the prince of every girl's dreams, helped carry you to the ambulance or you would've actually died," Kaminari grinned cockily as he raised a thumbs up even though it was mostly Midoriya who did most of the work.

"Why thank you for your kindness, definitely-not-but-might-probably-but-still-never-be prince of my dreams."

'Cause my hopefully-and-just-maybe-but-possibly-gonna-be prince of my dreams is the one who saved me first.

She giggled as she turned to look at Kirishima who was playfully rolling his eyes at his fellow classmate.

"OI DUMBASS I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU JUST YET!"

Then Touka's expression fell into a deadpan.

Oh but of course, there's also the blonde crybaby.

"I'LL BEAT YOUR DAMN ASS UP AND MAKE YOU EAT YOUR WORDS BY THE TIME I WIN!"

"Oh no I'm so scared," Touka exclaimed sarcastically. It might not look like it but she's actually been intrigued by these class A students, but in a good way. They were more interesting than she thought they'd be.

"Well, I gotta go. See you there, Kirishima, Midoriya, Kaminari. Oh, and Shoto!"

Touka bid farewell to her new friends in peace, ignoring the fuming blonde in the process and left to her own classmates.

To be very honest, she felt sorry for her class B mates that she's been too distant from them but that won't matter much now that she'll surely get in class A. At least that's what she thought.