CHAPTER 34

"I never forgot."

---

TOUKA'S POV

"So, Jiro-chan, we haven't really gotten close. I'd say, being in a team with you is a golden opportunity!"

Jiro sweatdropped, "Is it fine though that you directly get into exams despite the fact that you only joined recently?"

I raised a peace sign and mischievously stuck a tongue out, "I got exempted by Principal Nezu himself. Winning a sports festival ain't easy, you know."

"Still, I think it's really amazing," she smiled, "to be able to defeat powerful new students like that. It's like claiming the title of the best of the newest bests or something."

I sighed contently, "It's not really about power, it's all about technique and luck in my opinion. And if you made proper research on who you're fighting against, I'm sure defeating them would be a piece of cake if you continue to get a hang of it."

"I'm just glad I got paired up with you Miyazumi-chan, you do have a plan, right?"

"Well that's just it," I rubbed the back of my head while putting on a cute and guilty expression on my face, "I don't have any."

She sweatdropped, "And I thought you planned one beforehand—"

"YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Jiro and I immediately covered our ears the second we heard Present Mic's stentorian voice. I've been studying science unusually these days. Since I became a Class A student, I started finally getting serious with enhancing my quirk a lot more than ever. Oh, and ever since that day of the Sports Festival, I noticed I haven't been living the life of a cat anymore.

Well what am I supposed to do? My human life is finally making more sense from the moment I met Eijiro-kun.

Right. I'm still going to confess to him later.

I giggled at the thought.

"Miyazumi-chan! Do you have any animals in mind that can go against Present Mic's quirk? Any deaf ones maybe? Or just anything?"

When the sound gone out, I told her, "If we want to defy Present Mic's sound, then being completely deaf would be a way. Common sense."

She deadpanned, "You're not really planning to have our eardrums destroyed, are you?"

"Nope!" I placed a hand on her shoulder and beamed, "But we can always go through a place where we naturally become deaf!"

"What do you mean, Miyazumi-chan?"

I balled up my fist and replied, "I've got a plan."

🐱

"What, are they planning on hiding until time's up?"

Present Mic looked down on the ground when he heard a sound. The next thing he knew, I, in a form of an adorable otter, popped out through the ground and transformed into a human.

I landed a punch on his face, causing him to fall back down in an unconscious state.

I looked up at the bright sky and exhaled a deep and refreshing breath, "Ah, the power of common sense."

After putting on the handcuffs on Present Mic's wrists, I went back inside to fetch Jiro then we both got through the forest afterwards.

"We passed! Yay! Yay!"

"Team Miyazumi and Jiro have passed!"

🐱

After my practical exam, I found Shoto in a hallway alone. He was keeping on staring at his hand. First I turned into a cat and stealthily made my way to him. When I was near his feet, I transformed into a human and surprised him.

"Shoto!"

"Uh—"

And even before he could even react, I tickled his torso and other parts where I knew was ticklish for him.

"W-What are you—pffft, HAHAHAHA—hey!"

"

YOU KEEP STARING AT YOUR HAND LIKE IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING IN THE WORLD, BRUH."

"Hold on—HAHAHAHAHAHA—I can't—PFFFFTTT—breathe!"

When he fell down on his knees, I finally stopped and his never-ending laugh finally died down. Everyone knows that Shoto Todoroki's laugh is amongst the rarest thing in the world and I'm proud to say that I'm able make him laugh for even just a few moments.

It's the cutest laugh so far, not gonna lie. It was one of the things that I liked about him when we were small.

"You know, everyone keeps talking about how cold your attitude is but actually, you're just a cute lil peanut, Shoto," I giggled and for a split second I caught him blushing.

When he stood back up, I leaned my back against the wall right beside him and sighed, "I've been thinking..."

"What?" he glanced at me from the corner of his eyes in wonder.

"...what does being a hero mean to you, Shoto?"

There was a long pause before he voiced out his response, "I'm still in the middle of finding out."

I giggled, "Then we're both in the same pace."

"I've only thought about getting revenge this whole time..." he started, "...but being in UA is giving me mixed feelings."

"Hehe, you're not the only one. I only came here because of my background, you know, Miyazumis?"

He chuckled, "Hn."

"All this time I thought that it's only all about saving people. Mom said it's more than that and I want to know what she means. It's been troubling my mind these days."

Then realization hit me, "Oh right! Shoto," I turned to him, "can you keep a secret? Oh who am I kidding? It's technically going to be exposed soon."

"What secret?" he tilted his head to the side.

"I've had a crush on Eijiro-kun for a while now," I smiled as I stared at nothing in particular, "and I decided that I'll confess to him soon. Maybe later, after all exams are done."

"So I was right," was all he said.

"Oh yeah you asked me about it during the Sports Festival," I gasped in astonishment, "You still remember."

"I never forgot," he replied. But even though it sounded like he was talking about that moment, at the same time it sounded like he was referring to something else too.

"Wish me luck, okay, Shoto?"

But I wasn't exactly one to focus on anyone else when I'm nervous. Up 'til now, I'm still building up some confidence for later.

"Hn."

Even despite the fear of getting rejected, I still can't wait to tell him.

a/n:

ngl all this research about various animals is turning me into a zoologist at this point—