CHAPTER 13

"I hate to say this but, thank you, crybaby asshole."

---

I guess they're telling the truth after all.

Touka Miyazumi is a failure.

Ha... and I was really hoping we'd make it to the next round, the most important round of the Sports Festival.

But there she is now, in her cat form, looking for free food from the food stalls. She was in depressed cat mode and she was looking down on the ground that people could just pity her by just taking a glance of her cat form.

Touka was just being herself, lonely and only thoughts of failing and not meeting everyone's expectations were driving her crazy. She was foolish to think that she might absolutely win the whole Sports Festival, she even spoke confidently to Nezu about it.

I guess they're right...

Touka Miyazumi doesn't have dedication and bravery for heroing, she only has pride that cannot be compared to anyone else.

I guess they... they're...

"Meow!"

She accidentally let out a sound when she was picked up from the ground by an unknown person. She only then recognized him quickly when her big yellow eyes were being observed by ruby crimson orbs. For the first time, she felt intimidated by the glare of those red eyes but soon enough she has seen the safety in it, like a safe zone or a comfort zone.

She found comfort in the scariest eyes of an arrogant you-know-who.

Crybaby asshole?!

TOUKA'S POV

"SO IT IS YOU!" he furrowed his brows and I did the same before I transformed myself back into a human.

"What?"

"You were that dumb cat that mocked me!" he gritted his teeth, though if I were seeing this in an anime I would've thought it was for comedy reasons, he looked like an angry cat himself. If I weren't so depressed about the results earlier I would've snorted and would even tease him about it.

"Yeah, crybaby," I answered shortly.

"So that's why... kuso," he glared as he raised his hands together in order to threaten me with little tiny explosions which of course didn't work at all, "That's why you kept calling me 'crybaby' huh?!"

"Is that all what you wanted to say? 'Cause I'm leaving," I crossed my arms and suddenly, his aura changed. He didn't look frustrated at all, he was making an expression of seriousness with his face. It's something I considered getting used to already.

"So, just because you lost you'll already leave and step out of the spotlight?"

I frowned in thought, "What are you-"

"And I thought you were a persistent bitch," he added with a remark that absolutely reached the limits of my patience. Unable to control myself, I grabbed on his collar once again and did the same glare that sent him to smithereens, at least emotionally.

"Shut up. You don't know everything."

And as I let go to leave, I stopped on my tracks when he spoke.

"You're up."

I glanced back at his way, clueless of whatever he was meaning to say, "What?"

"Are you deaf or what?" he said with an annoyed face, "You're up for the next round."

And those words was all it took to brighten my once joyless yellow eyes. I was brightened by his words but I was still innocently perplexed in the situation.

"What do you mean..."

"Some dumb extras withdrawed from the competition so you and another extra were chosen to take their place instead."

"REALLY?" I widened my eyes in both surprise and happiness. Although I did feel bad for those 'extras', I couldn't help but wonder why they'd give up such an opportunity.

"You think I'd ever lie?" he tsked. But unlike the usual situations, I never rolled my eyes I never even thought of it. I couldn't bring myself to completely hate him at the moment. I was too overjoyed by the unexpected news that I looked too dazzling with just a cheerful grin.

"Oh-" he paused for a moment, I assumed he was taken aback by my expression, I would've been if I were him too.

"Well what are you waiting for? Go or I'll beat your ass, dumbass," he looked away in a split second.

I chuckled before grabbing his collar for the third time. I gazed at him deep in the eyes and said.

"I hate to say this but, thank you, crybaby asshole."

Then after that, I cheerfully ran my way back inside. Now that I'm fully motivated, I could feel victory already arising in my palms. I guess I was lucky but still, I spared empathy to those people who withdrawed and will forever be grateful of them.

"All right, let's win this damn Sports Festival!"

🐱

While Touka was happily hopping her way back inside, Bakugou watched her from behind with a stern look on his face. He subconsciously recalled the words that she said to him a few moments ago, the words that undoubtedly hit the bull's-eye.

"I don't know everything, but you don't know either, dumbass," he mumbled to himself before staring up the bright blue sky.

We don't know about everything so shut it already.