CHAPTER 20

"—lling in love w—"

---

Everything went well. Touka was befriending some of Class 1-A while they were watching Ashido and Tokoyami's match. Kirishima and Touka were chatty as always and the atmosphere was lively despite Bakugou being unusually quiet behind them. Bakugou would only yell whenever someone mentions his name or if he feels like yelling but they must admit, having a quiet Bakugou around was a lot better.

But then the happy atmosphere was cut off when Todoroki took the seat beside Touka's. All of Class A sensed the tension between the guys surrounding her; namely Kirishima, Bakugou, and Todoroki. While the white-haired girl was just being her happy-go-lucky self and chatted with her childhood friend, those three guys were probably glaring at each other head-on.

"So Shoto," Touka began and unconsciously breaking the tense atmosphere with a grin, "we really ended up in a match against each other. Remember what I told you last time?"

"Hn," Todoroki nodded after remembering about the memory of their conversation just a few hours ago.

Touka then turned her head around to look at Bakugou who glared at her back, "What?"

"Crybaby, if you win the semifinals, which of the two of us would you like to fight in the finals, Shoto or me?"

Bakugou furrowed his forehead, "Weren't you the one who told me you were going to beat my ass and win this crap?"

"So you wanna fight me, nice choice," Touka then turned back around to watch the ongoing match, "But that only means I'll have to get through Shoto first before Crybaby," she mumbled and her voice was low enough that anyone could barely hear her, "deja vu."

(When she just got pass an indestructible force #1 Katsuki Bakugou then stumbled upon another indestructible force #2 Shoto's abusive papa.)

"Ashido is out of bounds! Tokoyami wins!"

"Well, it's my turn now," Kirishima stood up just before Bakugou left some moments earlier, "I've got to go."

"I'm rooting for you, Eijiro-kun!" Touka raised her wrists and balled up her fists, "Go beat Crybaby's ass for me!"

"I don't think I'm strong enough to actually beat his ass but I'll do my best," the redhead shot her a grin before heading to his waiting room. When they were alone, Todoroki suddenly asked her a completely random question.

"Touka."

"Shoto?" she raised her brows.

Then he looked at her with the same expressionless face and asked, "Do you like Kirishima?"

Touka blinked, then blinked again before suddenly bursting out in laughter out of the blue, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what are you talking about, Shoto? HAHAHAHAHAHA I don't like him, I absolutely don't! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he's just a great friend, that's all HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH."

Todoroki observed her features before looking down again, "If you say so."

"But," Touka faked a cough and looked away suspiciously, "h-how can you say that though?"

"You two seem close," he muttered but it was loud enough for her to hear.

"Well first of all, he's not abusive to cats, unlike some dude," she rolled her eyes.

Todoroki glanced at her from the corner of his eyes, "I'm not abusive to cats."

"No not you, Shoto," she giggled, "I'm talking about KitKat Backbone."

"Katsuki Bakugou," he corrected but she ignored him again, "wanna know why I call him 'Crybaby'?"

Even before Todoroki made a response to her question, she already went on to explain it.

"Well I was just roaming around the streets as a cat when I found him in an alley between buildings near the school. He was crying and he even kicked me even though I didn't do anything! I guess he was too emotional that time but he was just too evil so I did ny payback by scratching his shoes with my claws and then he even threatened me to throw me away to a dumpster. A DUMPSTER. How can a beautiful and rare-looking cat like me look great in a fucking dumpster?"

Todoroki didn't listen to the next multiple words that she said and instead, he took his time observing her features in silence.

He noticed how she has changed physically but mentally and emotionally, she was still the same. Touka always had pigtails when they were kids and he found it really cute and also her big yellow eyes and her white hair that matched a part of his. She totally reminded him of his mother whom he loved dearly when he was younger.

Touka was always so outgoing and cheerful and even though she was a girl, she often protected him whenever some kid tried to pick a fight with him. Touka was also his only playmate who was allowed to enter their house so the Todorokis were basically like her second family.

Touka had a round face and chubby cheeks and her daily outfit were always dresses and dusters. Now she has grown even more feminine and her features turned into one of a woman's. Her face shape was flawless and her chin became sharper, her eyes weren't round and big anymore, now they were like one of those eyes they call 'fox eyes'. Her nose bridge was high and her lips became plumper and her chubby cheeks disappeared.

Her body was just above average with the right curves and just the right fats on her body. Pigtails weren't also her thing now, her hair was shorter but stylish at the same time, it was just the right hairstyle for her. She wasn't exactly perfect, no one is, but anyone could tell that she was just visually beautiful.

Her appearance was only one of the reasons why he liked her so much.

"Shoto? Hey Shoto, are you even listening?"

Todoroki woke up from his thoughts and decided to listen to her again, "Yeah."

"Okay so, I'm sure you already know just how much a pain he is in the ass but I get this feeling you know that I should beat him to show him who's alpha but like then a few moments later you'd realize it's all pointless because duh he's a pain in the ass and... yeah, I guess that was my first impression of him."

Oh and of course, her habit of talking nonstop still hasn't changed. It's one of the few things he half-disliked.

"How about me?" he asked in monotone, "What was your first impression of me?"

"Well!" Touka's eyes sparkled before she started chattering again, "You were like some tiny ice cube that could never be melted by anything, ever."

Todoroki let out a small and short laugh which was probably one of the highlights of Touka's day. She was the only one who could do that and he was never afraid to show it, even when there were many eyes looking at him, he would remain unbothered. The eyes he'd be willing to stare at forever were Touka's golden yellow eyes and nothing else.

"Rumors were true, you were good-looking," Touka admitted with a chuckle, "but man becoming friends with you was difficult. You know those cliché characters in movies that are cold but handsome loners? You totally belong to those pretty and famous but high-key anti-friends group of people. But when I got to know you more I realized you were just like a toasted marshmallow, you were warm and soft. To be honest, you were really adorable as a child, Shoto! And I must be special because I was the only one who was able to melt that tiny little ice cube, am I right?"

Touka looked at hin who was staring back with a smile plastered on his face. He was slightly blushing too but it wasn't apparent enough for her to see. All this time, he brought himself back to his memories from when they were young. So he accidentally let out the words he was always afraid to say in front of her.

"So special that I ended up fa—"

"Kirishima is immobilized! Bakugou wins!"

"—ith you."