CHAPTER 23

"He added momentum and rotation to the huge blast he showed us in his fight with Uraraka! He was like a human projectile! It looks like the mystical wolfie Miyazumi wasn't prepared for such a powerful move! It's impossible to survive it now! But the winner is—"

---

TOUKA'S POV

"It's finally the last battle of the UA High School Sports Festival! The top of the first years will be decided with this one match! The final, so to speak! From the hero course, Touka Miyazumi! Versus, also from the hero course, Katsuki Bakugou!"

This is... I somehow can't explain it.

Crybaby was looking straight at me with a smirk that could scare the hell out of me. But I couldn't make up a precise emotion at the moment.

I don't know. Am I happy? Nervous? Scared? Am I confident?

Well I'm only sure about one thing. It's that this is the final step towards making it to Class 1-A, where Eijiro-kun is and where I'm supposed to be.

I laughed, "Shucks, why did I choose class B again?"

Then I exhaled a breath as a gesture to relieve stress and pressure. It's a good thing it's not as bad as earlier, that pork bun really helped.

Thanks, Crybaby.

"Start!"

Even before I even had the chance to plan a move, he shot explosions while running his way to me. I knew what the audience was thinking, they were afraid that this match would only end up like Crybaby's and Uraraka's. Too bad, who'll be the Touka who'll embarrass herself in front of them?

That's probably one of the reasons why this match won't turn out that way. The other reason is that I've got animal powers, what could go wrong?

I transformed myself into a snake—specifically a Black Mamba—and slithered away to escape the explosions. Crybaby wasn't able to notice me due to the explosions that were covering the view. I kept him distracted while I intended to get behind him and turn into another animal to get him out of bounds.

"The stage is covered with so much explosions! I couldn't see a thing! Bakugou is giving his all to win!"

But I might've underestimated him a little. I didn't expect that he'd notice me from behind when I was just about to transform, so unfortunately enough, he confidently grabbed my snake body and forced me and my yellow eyes to look into his crimson orbs.

"Oh, I think I see them! Bakugou caught Miyazumi by her neck! Turns out, she transformed into a snake!"

I had no choice so I turned myself into a human. I swallowed a lump in my throat when the corner of his lips pulled into a smirk.

I spotted his other arm going to do a right swing and from that moment on, I finally knew what to do. Just when his arm was at the right angle, I used my free hand to spin his wrist so that the explosion was going to end up on another direction.

It worked and I felt his grip on my neck loosen so I took the opportunity to pull away away his hand and ducked before positioning behind him and kicked his back, causing him to fall on the ground with a loud thud. I placed one foot on his back to temporarily stop him from moving.

"It looks like Miyazumi successfully pinned the aggressive Boom Boom Boy to the ground! She's one of those who were able to apply close combat with him so far! That's impressive for a Class B student!"

But even though it only lasted for just a few milliseconds, I felt like I was victorious. Like I got the feeling that I might really end up winning this shit.

"Kuso!"

Or not.

He spun his right arm and grabbed my ankle and threw me to the side with his strength. I knew it was coming so I made a swift landing which clearly meant I had to roll over to be able to stand properly, similar to Nishinoya's Rolling Thunder.

So I accidentally gave him enough time to do the same as he stood up there in a fighting stance. There were only about two meters distance between us and yet I was sure I won't be able to get close to him like I did last time any longer.

I knew I just irritated the hell outta him. But it satisfies me just by thinking about it.

I grinned, "Let's not get all too serious now, Crybaby. I'm still hoping you'd hold back for at least 3%."

"What's up with you and percentages?!" he yelled as he launched himself to me and also sent a large explosion on my way.

I used the same method by turning into a snake but this time I was being extra careful. After I almost beat him, I know he was aware of my next moves.

When I was behind him, he successfully turned himself around and made an attempt of creating the same explosion he used during his match with Uraraka. But I did not let the idea of losing get to me. Once again, I found no other options but to...

"Bakugou is going to do the same thing from with his battle against Uraraka! But he's not actually... doing it?"

"Mic, look closer."

"Huh?"

I found no other options but to turn into Okami once again. As a way to counter the incoming blast, I breathed out just enough flames from my mouth and by enough doesn't mean just the right amount, it basically means a lot lot.

He wasn't able to let out the explosion though as he tried to avoid my flames and landed to the side instead. For a split second I found him smirking again.

"So that's your trump card, huh?"

Well yeah asshole, you left me with no choice. You're so dead when I don't come back in the end.

"DIE!" he launched himself to me and this time, I scuffed him up with my claws, resulting to scrape his shirt and some scratch marks on his body. The pain seemed to be unbearable to him when he crashed down on the ground and failed to attack. If I did that twice, his whole shirt would've been ripped open.

"Miyazumi stopped Bakugou from attacking! Seriously, what is with this fire-breathing wolf of hers? It's so cool!"

Sorry 'bout that Crybaby, don't cry on me now, aight?

"D-Damn it," he cursed under his breath.

And then I figured, this was his last straw. He's going to do a powerful move to end the fight, I just know it.

He launched himself up in the air again using multiple explosions, although his intentions were far from what I imagined. I thought he'd come close and attack again but the smoke-looking tornado that coated him up made me think otherwise.

Holy shit, this is it.

I positioned myself in a fighting stance—wolf style—as I waited for the impact.

It's now or never.

"HOWITZER... IMPACT!"

The stage was once again covered in humongous-sized explosions, explaining the name 'Howitzer Impact'. Everyone was too astonished to say a word but Present Mic was able to recover quickly from amazement.

"He added momentum and rotation to the huge blast he showed us in his fight with Uraraka! He was like a human projectile! It looks like mystical wolfie Miyazumi wasn't prepared for such a powerful move! It's impossible to survive it now! But the winner is—"

Me.

Everyone gasped when they found Crybaby on the ground pass the stage with a burnt body. He was unconscious and I was there in the middle of the battle stage, back into my human form.

My surroundings were blurry, it was a sign that I was going to faint. Too bad though, I couldn't hear the announcement of the winner before I fainted.

But I did know how I won.

"Bakugou-kun is out of bounds! Which means, Miyazumi-chan wins!"

"M-MIYAZUMI?! E-Ehem! A-And now, all of the events have been completed! The winner of this year's first year UA sports festival is... from Class B, Touka Miyazumi!"