CHAPTER 32

"She didn't run away... did she?"

---

"I won't let you kill these guys, Hero Killer."

"Todoroki, you can't let this guy see your blood!" Midoriya informed despite his numb body from getting defeated by the Hero Killer himself who is known by the name, Stain.

"I think he controls his opponents' actions by ingesting their blood orally. That's how he got all of us!"

"He sucks blood to keep people from moving," Todoroki muttered, "That's why he uses blades, huh?"

"Kya!"

The three boys watched when a white-haired girl held Stain captive from the back with her arms securing his neck and her legs hanging onto his torso. Todoroki panicked when he caught Stain's blade aiming for her thigh.

"Wait! Touka he-"

Fortunately for them, before his blade made contact with her skin, she transformed into a porcupine. Stain quickly got rid of it by swaying his back as he felt its spikes stabbing into his skin. When the porcupine was mid-air, it transformed back into herself.

She took a risk of kicking his neck before her feet even landed on the ground. Stain hit his body on the wall and he fell limp for a short period of time but enough for the teenagers to communicate amidst the battle.

"Iida-kun, you're not seriously injured, are you? How about you, Midoriya-kun?"

"I'm fine, Miyazumi-chan," Midoriya aroused from the ground with a relieved smile on his face. He was proud that he was finally able to call her 'chan' since he has always been conscious about it, "Iida-kun's badly hurt though..."

"Don't worry," she grinned at him, "help will be here soon, I came with Shoto actually."

All of them turned to Stain when they heard him laugh out loud. They brought their guard up as he slowly stood up from the ground with a large smirk in his face.

"Truly, you've got amazing friends, truly amazing!"

"Iida-kun, hang on there," Touka spoke, "the three of us will save you."

Why are you... why... please, stop!

Iida didn't like it. To be protected by his friends instead of protecting them. Stain was his goal here and he wanted no one to interfere. He wanted vengeance but he ended up on the ground without having the right to control his body. He was frustrated.

I've inherited my brother's name. I have to do it... That guy's mine...!

"Please stop... I'm... already..."

"If you want us to stop, then stand up—"

"MIYAZUMI-CHAN!"

Todoroki and Midoriya froze when Touka got caught on the spot. Stain was holding her neck and his other hand was holding the blade. Todoroki immediately shot flames into his direction and when they disappeared, Touka also disappeared.

Stain was in the air—he avoided the flames by jumping into the air—but Midoriya was fast to hold him captive by doing the same. Midoriya punched him onto the ground and Iida—who finally urged himself to fight—finished him off with a kick to his stomach.

The fight between Midoriya, Todoroki, and Iida against Stain was quite a scene to behold. But during that legendary scene, they've forgotten about something.

"Stand up! He's still..."

The three of them stared at the unconscious body of the hero killer in silence before Midoriya stood up on his feet, "He's probably knocked out after all that... right?"

Todoroki looked around until realization struck him like a knife.

"Touka..." his eyes widened, "Where's Touka?!"

"Miyazumi-chan!" Midoriya was beginning to panic as well.

"She didn't run away... did she?" Iida added which only confused them more.

Todoroki went around to look for the missing girl until he caught a glimpse of white hair on the ground, not far from where they were fighting. As he looked closer, he felt his heart shatter into pieces.

Touka was laying on the ground, surrounded by a pool of blood, and unconscious.

"Touka!"

He immediately ran to her and picked her up bridal style. He soon met the ambulance accompanied by Midoriya who was almost at the brink of tears when he saw her unconscious body.

It gave him deja vu though, when he saved her, when he was in Todoroki's place, when he was her hero of the day.

But now, he's the one worrying along with her new hero. He had no other thing to do but to worry and pray to the heavens that they'd spare her life like how they did last time.

Midoriya-chan... I hope you'll be okay.

🐱

"...as someone who also protects the peace, I can say thank you."

"Please start with that next time."

"OMG IT'S A DOG, WOOFMEOW!"

Everyone flinched at the voice that literally came out of the blue. They all turned towards Touka's who was still supposed to be unconscious on the bed, instead, she was fully awake while gazing at the half-man half-dog chief with stars in her eyes.

"HE LOOKS ADORABLE UGH SHOULD I CHANGE MY HERO NAME TO DOGGY DAUG NOW?"

"Miyazumi-chan! You're alright!" Midoriya didn't hesitate to give her a warm hug and she gladly accepted it, "Hey Midoriya-kun."

"We were so worried," Iida sighed in relief, "You scared us when Todoroki found you unconscious on the ground, Miyazumi-san. You bled a lot of blood too."

"Then we shall excuse ourselves, please all of you, take some rest," the adults finally left the teenagers alone, giving them some more time to talk.

"Yeah, I was knocked out pretty fast, wasn't I?" Touka chuckled as soon as Midoriya departed from the hug.

Then she turned to Todoroki who was unexpectedly quiet since the moment she woke up, "Shoto?"

Todoroki gritted his teeth. The sight of her last night, he couldn't forget about it. He was more than just happy when Touka woke up fine but he was still dissapointed with himself. He failed to protect her, the love of his life. He called himself a shame for loving someone who he can't even save in times like that.

"Touka..." Todoroki slowly stepped closer to her and suddenly engulfed her in a tight hug, "...you scared the hell out of me."

Touka was surprised at first but she learned to get used to it and hugged him back with a smile, "I'm glad I got to scare you, hehe."

"I'm serious here," hugged her tighter that it got to the point when she struggled to breathe properly.

"H-Hey Shoto, I-I'll die at this rate—"

He loosened his hold a bit but he didn't let go of the hug. He was aware that he was being suspiciously clingy but in the end it was all his fault for being too in love with her.

I can't stay like this... I want to tell you how much I love you.