ろく

italicized means flashback

Six year old Shiba Ai sat in the middle of the living room, playing with the dolls Yuzuha shares with her while the television plays and runs a black and white kids show that Ai barely pays any attention to.

That day, Yuzuha went to the hospital to visit their mother. At the same time, Hakkai went to the neighborhood playground by himself. And the only person who was left to look after Ai in their home is-

"Ai"

Ai turned around came face to face with her older brother, Taiju, who is ten years old.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Taiju asks her, sitting down on the couch as his eyes are trained on hers.

Ai thought about it for a moment. There were so many things running in her little mind, so many aspirations and occupations that she wants to be. However, when on her way home one day, she stumbled upon a small ballet studio with clear windows. Looking at them, Ai was left in awe at how graceful and elegant they looked. Wearing pink tutu's and pink pointe shoes - pink being her favorite color.

"I want to become a ballerina!" Ai declares, holding onto the Barbie doll tightly in her small hands.

Taiju's cynical look softened a little before patting the top of her head.

"You'll become a ballerina. I'll make sure of that."

When the weekend was over, the tune of Gabriel Faure's Op 50 resonated throughout the studio as Ai auditioned her piece for the upcoming theater play - Sleeping Beauty. She drilled it into her mind that if the role of Aurora was given to her, more doors of opportunities would be given to her. Meaning, the more chances of her getting to perform in grander theaters and being schooled by more prestigious academies.

When she finished, she bowed her head and walked off the stage. Slipping out of her tights and leotards, Ai wore her school uniform back again and walked out of the building, only to find Kokonoi and Inui waiting for her outside.

"On my brother's orders again?" She asks. Kokonoi cocked his head to the side and stuck his tongue out.

"You know it. Can't deny his orders remember? Especially if it involves you." Kokonoi reasons. But upon hearing this, Ai crossed her arms over her chest.

"Since my brother isn't here, who would you listen to more? Me or him?"

The sudden question threw both Inui and Kokonoi off guard. Though Ai was in all seriousness, they couldn't take her seriously.

"What are you both laughing at?!" Ai asks, not expecting them to laugh at her.

"Sorry about that, you looked too cute rather than looking serious." Inui says, smiling at her.

"But since boss isn't here, we'll listen to you." Kokonoi grins at her. "Black Dragons will listen to you more than your other siblings."

When it came to conversations like this, it was always Ai who was stuck in the middle. Of course, Black Dragons would always come to her aid, Taiju, the current 10th generation leader, is in favor of her after all.

Anyone who Taiju favors, they all favor as well.

However, now that Ai has been seen by Hakkai's current gang - Tokyo Manji Gang, they too have taken her under their care. Wherever Hakkai is, Yuzuha is there.

Why was it so hard to make the three of them get along?

"Like I've said that my brother isn't here, let's have dinner together!" She proposes. Both Kokonoi and Inui nodded their heads and went to the nearest fast food store in the area.