さんじゅうなな

Even before the sun could rise and light up the sky, Ai's eyes are already wide open. Hands gripping on the blanket as she could feel Mitsuya's breath on her nape, an arm wrapped around her waist from behind. With cheeks turning red in color, Ai slowly turned around to face him. Even if it's still dark, she could see him sleeping peacefully with his lips slightly parted.

Slowly, Ai raised her hand to remove the stray eyelash on his cheek. It took her a few more minutes to stare at his sleeping face before sleep consumed her once again.

When Mitsuya could feel someone staring at him while he sleeps, he shoots his eyes open to see if Ai is alright. To his surprise, he found themselves in this position. He wanted to lean away and turn his back on her, but then he thought, when would he have another chance to be this close to her? Using his birthday card, Mitsuya allowed himself to be selfish and wallow into his desire; scooting Ai closer to him as he resumes sleeping.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

By the time Ai wakes up, the sun is already up in the sky and Mitsuya was no longer beside her. Darting her eyes around his room, she took notice of the details - clothes hanged neatly, books perfectly stacked against each other on the shelf and a table filled with sewing and art materials.

As she sat up and folded the blanket he gave to her last night, Mitsuya entered his room with a small smile on his lips, the scent of waffles and syrup filling his room.

"Good morning, Ai." He spoke to her, "I got you a spare toothbrush and towel, it's already in the bathroom too." He told her.

"Thanks" Ai says, standing up from the bed.

"Huh? Older sister is here?" Luna asks, both Luna and Mana turned their heads around to see if Ai is really here, their feet swinging in delight. And as Ai walked out of Mitsuya's room, she smiles at the little girls and waved her hand at them.

"Older sister sleeping in Taka nii's room?" Mana asks, her eyes widening a little. "Does this mean Taka nii and older sister are getting married?"

Ai could only let out a chuckle while covering her mouth with her hand while Mitsuya shook his head. "Mana no-"

"Can I be the flower girl?"

"Me too! me too!"

"Thanks for cooking breakfast, I'll be heading back home now." Ai says, smiling as she puts her shoes on in the doorway.

"Don't go yet, older sister." Luna begs, lightly tugging on Ai's clothes.

"Play with us!" Mana says, her small hands holding on their toys already.

How could Ai say no to them? With sad looks on their faces, Ai found herself wanting to stay with them more.

"Are you free later this afternoon?" Mitsuya asks, placing his hands on his sister's shoulders. "I was wondering if we could go on a picnic at Yoyogi." He says, smiling at her. "If only you're free."