さんじゅうきゅう

The following afternoon, Mitsuya was supposed to be sketching onto his sketch book; his right hand holding onto the 2H pencil remained still and unmoving, head filled with thoughts of Ai. Falling in love is a new thing to him, it made him feel weak to his knees, his hands starting to feel clammy whenever he thought of her and the members of the after school club started to notice how he kept smiling to himself. Even though the concept of love is foreign to him, he loves it how it makes him feel complete.

True there's no official label to them yet, he doesn't know for how long will he wait, but Mitsuya knew that all of his waiting will be worth it. And as his thoughts kept being consumed by Ai, he lost track of time and realized that it's already evening and most of the club members have already left, his sketch book still blank and clean.

To: Ai
From: Mitsuya 

Are you still at your cram school? pm 5:58

After sending that text, Mitsuya closes his sketch book and started to pack up his things, neatly placing them inside his backpack when he heard the notification chime of his phone.

To: Mitsuya
From: Ai

I am. Why? pm 6:00

His heart skipped a beat as he debated if he should ask her to have dinner with him or not. Part of him didn't want to yet the part of him that wanted to is really big, as if his insides were itching to spend time with her.

To: Ai
From: Mitsuya

I'll be there in fifteen. pm 6:07

Slinging the straps of his backpack, he stood up from his seat, turned off the lights and closed the door behind him before walking out of the school grounds and making his way towards Ai's cram school building.

To: Ai
From: Mitsuya

I'm outside. pm 6:22

Taking a seat at the wooden brown bench, Mitsuya lifted his left leg up and rested his ankle on top of his lap, right arm outstretched as he waited for her to come down. Mitsuya watched the people that passed him by - a mother holding hands with her child, groups of students running in the sidewalk and a number of individuals passing him by and going on with their lives. As he heaves a small sigh, he felt two hands cover his eyes from behind.

"You can't fool me. You know that right?" Mitsuya grins, raising his hands up to hold the back of her hands.

"How can you even be sure? What if I ask my friends to cover your eyes for me?" Ai asks, turning her heels to stand before him.

"I know you wouldn't." Mitsuya smiles at her, standing up from his seat. "Would you?"

Immediately Ai shook her head. "No way!" she says, biting her lower lip. "Uh...why did you come here?"

"Do you want to have dinner with me?" He asks, his cheeks slightly turning pink in color.

"I'd love to." Ai says, her cheeks turning pink in color as well. "I'll text Hakkai the location and-"

"Oh I kind of wanted it to be just the two of us." Mitsuya says, nodding his head a little.

Ai's face heated up and turned red. "A-Ah I see. Sure!" She stammers, smiling at him. "Shall we get going now?"

Mitsuya nodded his head and then the two started heading towards Shibuya.

"Care to explain why you're home so- oh you were with Mitsuya. I'll forgive you, Ai!" Yuzuha says, her frown immediately turning into a smile.