さんじゅういち

10 seconds.

"I'm not mad at you, Hakkai. Nor at you too, Yuzuha." Taiju spoke, making his words clear as he places flowers inside the empty vase, situating the vibrant flowers by the window.

9 seconds.

"I've never been the best big brother, I know that." Taiju starts to clench his fists by his sides. "But if I ever come across the person who did this to Ai, I will make them pay. An eye for an eye." He seethes.

8 seconds.

Taiju turns around and a familiar face catches his attention. "Hey, aren't you Hanagaki Takemichi?"

Takemichi looks taken aback as Taiju looks down at him.

"Can you tell me who the fucker was?" He asks

Takemichi looks down, gulping. "...It's another vicious gang from Yokohama, they're called Tenjiku."

7 seconds.

Taiju was quiet for a moment before crossing his arms over his chest. "Ever since I stepped out of our house, I told myself that I'll try to become a better man and big brother for my younger siblings. And then this happens."

Hakkai, who's hands were shaking from punching the wall earlier, lifted his head up to look at Taiju. "It isn't your fault. Ai wouldn't want to hear you blaming yourself."

6 seconds.

"Yeah. That sounds like her." Taiju smiles a little, sitting besides Yuzuha by Ai's bed.

"On my way here, I caught up with the doctor." Taiju begins to say, looking at Ai's bandaged head. "The doctor said...Ai would be experiencing swelling in the brain. She could forever lose her memories or lose her ability to think."

5 seconds.

Taiju's eyes averted to the oxygen tank that supports Ai's breathing, down to the IV fluids injected in the back of her hand.

"I'm too old for bosozoku and shit. But I'll really kill whoever did this to my younger sister."

4 seconds.

"Hey Ai" Taiju slowly raises his hand to hold her shoulder. "Wake up now, will you? I'm here." Taiju could feel the pricking of hot tears threatening to fall down his eyes.

"I would love to talk to you again after missing your birthday."

3 seconds.

"I told Ai that if she left the slice of cake for you, it'll only mold inside our fridge." Yuzuha begins to say between sobs. "But then Ai said she'd bake again just so you could feel her birthday." Yuzuha cries.

2 seconds.

Mikey leans his head on the wall, his eyes sunken and hollow while his shoulders were drooped down. Emma rested her head on his shoulder, crying onto Mikey's jacket as the tears wouldn't stop falling down from her eyes.

Takemichi, Inui and Hakkai could no longer hold it in as they finally broke down in tears.

1 second.

Ai's heart rate monitor became to beep a loud sound before falling into a flat line. Everyone inside her private room were left shocked and speechless.

When Ai was pronounced dead, Hakkai cried on his way towards Mitsuya's and Smiley's room. He couldn't bear the idea of his younger sister passing before him, and if anything, he would have trade places with her.